Vacation

"Betty!" Archie yelled, running to her. Shielding her from the rain with his body as he hovered over her, he looked at her. A thin pink blanket on, her book Beloved next to her, soaking wet.

Archie grabbed her book and put it on her stomach, before picking her up. Betty barely moved, her body was limp. Barely damp hair sliding off her shoulders, hanging down as her head slumped back.

    Archie walked inside, and closed the door with his foot. He walked upstairs, and into his room. He laid her down onto the bed, before pulling the covers out from under her, and putting them on top. "Uhh... heater!" Archie friend around, arms shaking.

    He eventually managed to grab a small heater from the other side of the room, plug it in, and put it on his desk next to his bed. Archie closed his door, and turned the heater on to high. After a few minutes Betty started getting a little paler, as Archie sat in his chair looking at her.

    He walked over and placed the back of his hand on her forehead gently, feeling her temperature. "Shit..." It's colder? How!? Uh... no more blankets in this room. Heater is working, I can feel it. What did we learn in Boy Scouts!? Oh! Multiple people huddled together create more heat. Archie thought. He got up, and took off his jacket. He threw it across the room onto a faux leather chest, and then tossed his shoes off into a random director behind him. Archie lifted the covers up, and slowly moved Betty over. He climbed in with her, and tucked himself in.

    This was obviously uncomfortable for Archie. Sure Betty and Archie had slept in the same bed numerous times, but not recently. Not since... they grew up. Or when they noticed boys/girls. Archie shifted back and forth, and eventually landed in a semi-comfortable position. One arm under her back, as her right side was on his chest. Her head laid in between his collarbone and chest. One of her hands were lying just below her head, touching his beating heart.

    Archie slowly drifted to sleep, forgetting the food downstairs.
-8:34 AM-
Betty smiled, rubbing her head against Archie's chest. She felt... safe, content, happy; so many words to describe her feeling, but none that truly fit.

Archie was already awake, but he had laid still, watching Betty's face move ever so slightly. She looked calm while she slept. Betty grinned, and opened her eyes. They widened, shocked by the fact she wasn't hugging her normal pillow. Or that she wasn't in her own bed. She lifted her head up, and looked around the room, before Archie quietly whispered "Morning, Be..." Archie trailed off, originally going to say "beautiful" but the tried "Betts," then "Betty," eventually pausing for too long.

"I erm... I'm going to go get changed. And take a shower." Betty said, climbing over Archie. Archie nodded, before deciding he would do it too. Archie used his dad's bathroom, leaving his to Betty.

-9:05 AM-
Betty walked downstairs with a white skirt, black bra, and black mesh top on. The mesh top was tucked in, and her hair was up in a bun. Her makeup was excellent too, the normal "natural" theme with a little sparkle.

"I was thinking of going out today." Betty said, holding a pair of heels, standing by the door. She leaned down to put them on.

Archie was wearing jeans and a blue t-shirt, standing in the kitchen eating cold burgers from Pop's. "Where?" He asked, mouth full.

"To Cheryl's." Betty said, strapping her black two inch heels on.

"I'll—" Archie started to say.

Betty cut him off though, "I'll be fine. Jughead got me an old motorcycle from the scrap yard and fixed it up. I'll be careful. I have my phone, money, and keys." Betty gestured toward her mini red backpack. "See you later."

Betty left quickly, "Wait I!" Archie yelled after her, but stopped.

Betty walked over to her own house instead, and walked upstairs. She grabbed her mother's suitcase, and started packing. She grabbed her credit cards, and some money. Then, grabbed her buzzing phone from her backpack.

iMessage - Ve💞
"Girl, you coming? I have a flight booked for you at 3 pm. I'll be waiting at the airport for you. My parents... heard what happened, and they have offered a room, security, and more, Be."

Betty typing : "I'm almost done packing now. Be there soon."

Betty put her phone back into her backpack, and zipped up the suitcase. Then she called for Kevin's help. Kevin was also going to New York with Betty. Kevin pulled up with his dad in the cop cruiser, as Betty looked the front door of her house. Betty smiled, as she put her suitcase in the back, next to Kevin's.

"Thank you, Sheriff Keller!" Betty said, climbing into the back seat with Kevin. It's always less awkward when you sit in the backseat of someone else's car, with someone else, rather than alone, and then in the front seat.

Sheriff Keller started the car, and started driving. Betty pulled out her phone, and constructed a text to Archie.

Betty typing : "Hey Archie. Change of plans. Kevin and I are going to New York to visit Veronica. Be back in a few weeks. Bye, and sorry."

Betty knew it was easier to leave a short message, and just forget about it. Leaving Riverdale was EXACTLY what she needed.

Betty laughed with Kevin, as Sheriff Keller listened to a weird song. Sounded like drunk high schoolers in the 80's made it. It was called "Dream Warrior" by the "Fred Heads." Betty didn't know the band.

    Sheriff Keller turned it up, and began to sing along, like he was there for the performance, or he made the song. Knowing every lyric.

    Archie sat down on the couch, and noticed his phone lighting up. One missed call. One Voicemail from Betty. Archie immediately picked up the phone and listened to the voicemail. Freaking out, he grabbed a pillow near him and threw it across the room.

    Burying himself in his hands, hot tears ran down his cheeks. This is the second time... no... more than that. That I failed her, Archie thought, when she comes home; I'll be ready.
-3:00 PM-
    Kevin and Betty stepped out of the plane, rolling their suitcases behind them. "I'll call V." Betty said, reaching for her back pocket when her hand was instantly connected with another.

    Betty and Veronica held hands, but only for a moment, because soon the three best friends were throwing their arms around each other.

    "Private security, round the clock therapist, credit cards for shopping therapy, oh... and... Five star beauty slash massage slash nail place right down the block." Veronica said, while guards were grabbing their bags.

    "Thank you... Vee. This is just why I love you." Betty smiled, sighed, and continued walking.

    As Kevin got into the large limousine Veronica had ready, Kevin announced, "Huge Beronica moment back their! I ship it. I only wish I saw the kiss between you two in cheer tryouts. Must have tickled Cheryl's lesbian side." Betty laughed, as Veronica climbed into the car.

    For shining moments, everything was normal. Betty wasn't the girl who got raped, Veronica wasn't the mob boss's daughter, and Kevin... was just plain old Kevin. Let's be real here, does he ever do anything wrong?

    Sorry for not posting this part, apparently I forgot to post it. But, I have the next part written and ready to be released soon!