6

ChaeRin-ah, how are your therapy sessions going?

I look at SooAh while whisking the batter! She managed to smile after finishing her question. It was all thanks to her that I started seeing a psychiatrist.

I terminated my sessions a month ago.

Wh-what?

She reacted as if I killed some puppy on the street.

Ms. Kim said I had no "actual" problem to begin with.

I clearly wanted to emphasize that word "actual"

I just couldn't deal with my break up the right way. She thought I needed some time to cope with it.

So, you're saying .... You don't wanna have sex with guys anymore? I mean ...

SooAh stopped speaking when she read the annoyed look on my face.
And as for me, I just wished I could whisk her face instead of that batter.
She was a really good company for someone like me to have.
But her uncontrollable thoughts make me wanna strangle her someday.

Just then my phone beeped and I pulled it out of my pocket.

What are you smiling at?

Officer Chae wants to see me.

Yah, don't tell me you're gonna ....

I run out from the bakery handing her the whisk, not hearing what she's nagging because I know she got the hang of the situation already. And if I stayed there a second more listening to her whine, I could just kill myself.
Because she keeps repeating that cassette of hers everytime I look at a guy. Although I don't really feel that way towards every guy I see, her looks already start throwing daggers my way.

I get into the bus and take a seat. I can feel my heart race at the speed of light. Why am I exaggerating? Is it because of all that running or could it be because of Officer Chae? I couldn't really tell but I like this excitement!

I reach the police station and make my way to the interrogation room lead by a female dressed in a suit.

The door opens and I find him in his white shirt tucked in underneath his navy blue suit and hair combed a little back, showing his forehead, just letting few strands of hair fall on it as if he'd just been styled at a fancy salon. He was going through a bunch of papers and as soon as we entered, the female informs him my arrival since he looked so lost in his work, he didn't even notice us standing by the door.

He looked up at me and thanked the female with his eye smile. I arch my eye brow at such a gesture. He noticing that, quickly sat himself straight and asked me to take a seat.

ChaeRin-ssi, we're close to finding the culprit. We just need some missing pieces ....

You can't be married right?

His gaze changed after an irrelevant question from me and he sighed.

ChaeRin-ssi, we're here to discuss about who killed JaHyung, let's-

A fiancée then?

I cross my legs and tilt my head like a puppy.

ChaeRin-ssi, our sessions are being recorded. Please let's not bring our perso-

Then let's go somewhere else. I don't like it in here too.

I said looking around at the cameras. There was just one in the room.

I quickly divert my gaze back onto him, who now looked like he almost lost his temper. His eyes suddenly turned cold and it looked like he couldn't hold his composure anymore.

His autopsy results showed traces of Lead powder. The cake that he had just before his death tested positive for Lead too. Can you ChaeRin-ssi, please let us know what you were doing on the day of his death?

His words came out plain, as if he wanted to get done with this case as soon as possible and just not see my face anymore.

I had a day off that day. I had abdominal cramps, so I took the day off. I left my phone on the counter the previous day, so I went back to the shop to get it back and when I walked in, I learnt that he already died.

I said shrugging and bringing my lips close to form a line.
His face did look relieved after hearing that. That I finally answered something relevant.

He started going through his papers again for a long time. I was getting bored.

Are you free tonight, Hyungwon-ssi?

Why do you ask?

He asked me back, not raising his head from the pile of papers.

I'm asking you out.