9

The air around them grew tense. Her eyes were locked on his, but his were wandering around, trying to avoid her powerful and demanding gaze.
There was nothing really much going on between them anyways, yet he felt uncomfortable for some reason. His mind wanted him to speak truth but he chose to act cool.

She .... She's one of the witnesses. How do you kn-

Since when did you start making out with your witnesses?

I- I wasn't maki- who told you this?

His voice raised a little, yet was as humble as always.

Officer Lim informed me that he saw you earlier, letting her get inside your car near the police station. I called him since you weren't picking up your phone. I just .... wanted to know if you were okay with tonight's plan. But ..... looks like you had other plans .... I-

She was just some witness. She asked me to drop her off at her place and I did. That's it. There's nothing more to it. I swear!

Do you, Won-ah?

His answer was now stuck at the back of his throat. He was uncertain of the answer. In fact, he questioned himself the same thing the whole day after that little incident that they had. He didn't find his answer though. He wanted to be completely honest with his fiancée but in that moment, he didn't know what he truly wanted anymore.

He loved his girlfriend more than anyone else, but they never had such a sexually arousing relationship from the start. Their romance was all cutesy and covered in pastel and bouquets. He didn't answer her question yet. He was thinking about something. Someone.

Yes.

He finally answered. Lied, maybe!