15

The dark room welcomed us again. I closed the door behind us and made my way to the kitchen, while he took his regular seat by the counter.

I grabbed the box from the fridge and put the donut on the plate along with a piece of sandwich and during the entire time, I could feel his gaze on me from the corner of my eyes. It was pretty much intimidating to have someone you like look at you in a way that makes you go crazy.

After I was done prepping things up, I passed the plate to him and then there came that million dollar smile again.

So .... What happened? I mean, between you and your umm .... Girlfriend? If I may ask ... If you don't wanna talk about it, it's fin-

She thinks I'm seeing you.

For the first time, I had this feeling of guilt. His one sentence blew me off the pinnacle of hope. His face was a stoic and all of a sudden, there was a poignant air around us, or at least around me. I was at a loss for words. Apology was never my thing so I just stood there not knowing what to do.
A syllable came out of my mouth almost as a staccato and soon his voice filled the room again.

Don't worry, this ain't the first time. In fact, it's been going on like this for a long time. Everytime, she sees me with someone of opposite sex, her delusion of infidelity reaches its peak and .....
It's not your fault. So ... Yeah, don't blame yourself for this .... I grew sick and tired of this thing and I broke up with her today!

I ran my hand through my long hair and took a seat next to him. He was busy stuffing his mouth with the donut.

You look like a chipmunk.

And then came this adorable face that he made

A cute chipmunk!

I flashed a smile, brushing my hair off of my face and he faced the floor, trying to hold his laugh.

Since it wasn't pretty late and I wasn't exactly sleepy, I suggested we watched a classic Korean movie and that's when he came up with the idea of actually watching the movie called 'Classic'.

I've watched the movie as a kid before, but either of us hardly remember the storyline, so we decided to watch it again.

The movie started and we took our places on the floor since that seemed more comfortable in a petit house that I owned.

He was sitting just inches away from me, our backs resting against the wall. Throughout the movie, we kept exchanging glances here and there, or try to look at each other from the corner of our eyes and end up smiling whenever we were caught off guard .....

Towards the end of the movie, I heard a sniff and when I turned to look at him, he was a total mess. I scooted closer to him and rested my hands on his. Then I leaned in closer to the point my lips touched his ears

If you have trouble sleeping tonight, I think I can help you with it .....