20

Days were passing by like the blowing wind. And with every swish of the air that hit my cheeks, we got to know each other better and better.

And there I was again Infront of that shop with my book of savings ...
Finally, I could open that door and go through it. Not just walk around the place, but actually get that thing which I've been eyeing ever since I met him, Hyungwon.

May I please see this ring?

A diamond ring covered in thin layers of platinum. Just one word to describe it. Simple. After all, simplicity is beauty. In fact, I had no other words to describe it. To describe how I felt holding that ring and trying it on my fingers, double checking whether it'd fit his slim fingers, whether or not he'll like it. This was such a big moment in my life. I never thought I'd be the first to propose to someone in my life, but I don't really care about who goes first. I just had to let him know how much he meant to me. How much my life has changed since the time we met.

The way back home was tiring as usual. Not because of the work load that my workplace gave me, but because of the scenarios that run through my head. Thinking about all those days when Hyungwon found me a disgusting bitch, times when I thought I stood no chance in getting him .... It was all stressing my mind out and I just wanted to get home, propose to him and throw my body Infront of some bus incase he rejected me. I'm just preparing myself to face the worst case scenarios ....

I open the door and peep inside. Silence, emptiness as usual.
I quickly run to the bathroom to take a shower and while doing so, I start thinking of how I was going to actually to it. Take him to a fancy restaurant or .... Ughh! I hate my brain for totally freezing and dying especially when I need it the most.

I turn the shower off and go through my wardrobe. I had to dress well for tonight. So I pull out a Light blue laced short dress. I saved that for special occasions. And by special, I mean my friends' birthday parties. But the dress was cute and sexy at the same time. Not too revealing, not too covering up either ....

After I was done getting ready, I opened the door. And there he was. Sitting on the chair by the kitchen and staring at the ground. Somehow, I didn't like the vibe. Looked like he wasn't in a good mood.

Hey!

I quietly mumble making him turn around. The frown on his face was soon replaced with a smile. Thank god!

Hey ...

Said he, scratching his neck and pulling my waist close to his face.

What's the occasion today?

What was I going to answer? I haven't yet thought about the place we should be going to.

Umm ... Just thought I'd wear something fancy. This dress was lying dead in my cupboard anyways. Nothing special. I assure you. Totally fine. Everything's fine .... I-

Okay, okay!

He said in between his chuckles and pinched my cheeks and laughed again probably at how much of a nervous wreck I was being ....

I took his hands and lead him to the bedroom. Then I placed the chess board on the bed and gestured him to take his seat. He did so while raising his brows and tilting his head acting clueless.

The game went on. And with every move he made, I only kept getting anxious. Then he touched his rook and my eyes widened and I looked over at him. His eyes were glued to the board. My heart was abnormally beating now, sort of arrhythmic.

And then he moved his rook. The ring stayed there, only the rook moved. His face was priceless. So that's how I planned to propose ....
Why the rook you ask? That's one of the chess pieces that anyone would think of moving after a while, after the game has progressed towards the end. At least I knew, that's how Hyungwon liked to play!

He picked the ring up and put it before me.

Is this yours?

Yep!

I grabbed it from his hands only to hold them again.

Do you want it to be yours? Do you wanna be MINE?

And that face was of his was what I feared to see the most!