Chapter 23

Flowers

.

.

.

Jennie lay on her bed, writhing with guilt. She'd lied to Lisa. Her mom hadn't pressured her into coming home - her mom had been surprised to see her, and asked all kinds of awkward questions about why she wasn't staying with her brand new girlfriend when she'd made such a fuss about it.

In the end she'd told her it was the blonde's idea for her to spend some time with her family, and now she felt guilty about that, too. But the truth was, she needed a break from her. Not because she didn't like being with her, but because she liked it too much, and she was getting dangerously close to making a fool of herself.

The T-shirt incident was a case in point - she'd could easily have covered up after she'd put it in the sink to soak, but she hadn't, because lately she'd found a disturbing thrill in lurking around the apartment half-dressed, making flirtatious comments, revelling in Lisa's embarrassment.

Wandering out of the bathroom, pulling the towel around her just a fraction of a second later each time, daring herself to be caught. It was ridiculous, and she knew it. All she was doing was making the other girl uncomfortable, and there was a whole new level of guilt to be found in the fact that she'd made her feel bad in the hotel room that afternoon over exactly this, and now she was doing it on purpose.

Nice going, Jennie. She'd never thought of herself as an exhibitionist - she'd always been a little shy, even with Nana, but Lisa just seemed to bring it out in her, the more Lisa averted her eyes the more Jennie wanted her to look.

It wasn't rocket science, of course. She wanted the Thai girl to look because she'd always wanted her to look, her whole attitude to Lisa at school had been one big See me! Here I am! And more than once she'd lain in this very bed, entertaining erotic fantasies of being caught naked by Lisa in the locker room, or in the shower, or in the janitor's closet, or... well, anywhere, really.

In fact, if Jennie's dreams were to be believed, she spent practically her entire school day in the buff being chased around by a horny Lisa, and the remainder of the night a hot, sweaty mess while the taller girl had her wicked way with her.

Unbidden, she felt her hand sliding slowly downwards. She pulled it back. Stop that, Kim, you little perv. Good grief, it doesn't take much to get you going, does it? This has got to stop. If you can't get yourself under control, you can't go back there at all.

She was interrupted yet again by her phone. She didn't look. It would be Nana, as it had been the last forty-three times it had gone off since she'd been here. Nana's texts had taken on a new tone, recently. There was no more begging and bullying, instead her messages were longer, more intricate, thoughtful, showing a side and a depth to the Japanese girl that she'd never seen before, that she'd never even suspected she had.

She began to wonder if Nana was getting someone else to write them for her, as a kind of Cyrano De Bergerac attempt to win her back. She'd made the mistake of replying, once, to say leave me alone, and all it had done was invited a torrent of new messages, each more heartfelt than the last, as though mere confirmation of still being alive and contactable had spurred Nana to new heights.

She groaned, and rolled over. She drifted away again, lost in a reverie where all it would take was to step from the shower, towel clutched loosely around her, see Lisa's eyes grow wide with lust as she let it fall, swaying seductively across the room, naked as the day she was born, slipping her hands around the other girl's neck, feeling the scratch of the leather jacket against her bare skin, pressing her up against the wall...