Chapter Twenty Four - Comrade

Once they were away from the gate, and the eyes of the guards, Cal sank to the ground.

He leaned his back against a tree, breathing deeply. Kat sat in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck, she held his head against her chest.

"It's just as bad as losing my mother." He mumbled.

"I thought because I'd experienced it once, it wouldn't hurt so bad the next time I lost someone important to me. But it's just as bad."

"Oh, Cal." Kat didn't know what to say. She felt his grief cross the bond, she felt it crush her as it crushed him.

She closed her eyes and focused on the grief, she forced herself to feel calm. She wrapped the grief in it, pushing it onto Cal.

He gasped.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping, hopefully. Did you feel it?"

Cal looked up at her, eyes wide, and nodded.

Kat closed her eyes again, she pushed her love for him over him in waves. She felt him respond, through the bond.

"That's amazing." Cal breathed. He pulled her further into his lap, burying his head in her neck.

"I feel better now."

Kat smiled and kissed him deeply.

"Alpha, training is starting in five." Vilkas' voice came across the link.

Cal sighed.

"Do you want to come and watch?"

"Nah, I think I'll find Saff and have some girl time."

Cal's face lit up.

"Do you both want to go into the town? I'll give you my credit card, Saff is welcome to spend on it too."

Kat raised an eyebrow, thinking of the packed wardrobe she already has.

"Rich, are we?"

Cal laughed.

"I have some family money and a business in the human world. It does pretty well."

Kat jumped up off him, "What? And I'm just finding this out?"

Cal shrugged as he stood.

"What does this business sell?"

"Moonshine."

Kat's eyes widened.

"Not the illegal stuff. Just regular spirits."

Kat laughed.

Cal smirked at her, "So, are you going shopping?"

"Sure, I'll get Saff."

Kat concentrated for a moment, finding Saff in the hundreds of wolves in her head.

"Hey, fancy a shopping trip? It's on Cal."

Cal frowned.

"It's on us."

Kat rolled her eyes.

"Yes! Meet you at the pack house!" Saff squealed in their heads. Cal covered his ears and flinched.

"You're going to have to put shoes on." Cal nodded at Kat's feet.

She pouted.

Cal leaned forward and bit on the lip that she had stuck out.

Kat laughed, turning his playing into a full make out session.

"I'm waiting!" Saff's voice broke into their heads.