Chapter Twenty Six - Company

"Morning." His gruff voice rumbled in his chest.

Kat smiled up at him.

"Happy Birthday." He grinned, before kissing her fully.

She shoved him away, laughing.

"Oh come on, morning breath!"

Cal laughed, "I don't care."

He pulled her in for another kiss, she put her hands firmly on his chest, but he was stronger. She wriggled her arms out from him and flopped onto the bed, scrambling for the bathroom, giggling.

His hand closed around her ankle as she pulled herself across the bed, he laughed as she kicked out at him.

"I'll tickle you."

"NO!" She shrieked laughing hysterically as he pulled her back to him, fingers fluttering over her stomach.

"No. No. No. I'M. NOT. TICKLISH." She gasped, through laughs.

She squirmed as he tickled her, trying to pull a serious face, but the smile kept bursting through.

"You sure? You mean this doesn't tickle?" He focussed on the soles of her feet.

"Nu-huh." She grunted, wrestling her feet away.

"What about this?" Her hands were suddenly over her head.

He held both of her wrists in his hand, tickling under her arms with his free hand.

"Noooo! Cal!" She threw her hips around, laughing, trying to get him off.

"Stop! I think I'm dying!" She choked out, between sobs of laughter.

"Nope. You're immortal. Try again." He was grinning at her.

"It's my birthday! Stop!" She breathed, exhausted.

He released her. She slumped onto the bed, laughing. He prodded her in the side and she squealed again.

"Thought you weren't ticklish?" He smirked.

Kat got off the bed quickly, the dizziness from laughing making her stumble into the wall. Her head connected with a crack. He was beside her in an instant.

"Ow. Cal! You're going to give me a black eye on my birthday!"

"Hey! You did that to yourself." He chuckled, pulling her face to him, he rubbed the sore spot.

"You'll be fine." He kissed it, lightly.

"Hurry up, clumsy, breakfast is waiting." He pulled a shirt and joggers on and strolled into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Kat smiled to herself as she pulled on shorts and a t-shirt. She brushed her teeth at speed, elbowing Cal in the ribs.

After she'd spat the toothpaste out, Cal spun her around.

"Can I kiss you now?" He growled, smirking.

Kat answered by throwing her arms around his neck and pulling him into a kiss. He wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground. She pulled away, laughing.

"Come on, your birthday breakfast awaits." He kissed her again quickly, before setting her softly back on her feet.

They practically ran to the dining hall.

"Wait." Cal put his arm out to stop her, his eyes glazing over.

"Calhoun." Kat crossed her arms, frowning at him.

He grinned at her, eyes glittering, before pushing the door open.

Confetti canisters bathed the room in multicolored paper as three hundred-odd wolves sang Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs.