Bliss

To the lost one, who I'm proud of.

I like it here, in the light, the afterglow.
The product of being sad for so long that the negative energy built up, and finally exploded.
For years it grew stronger every day. Like the way emotions build up, the way suspense is built. Then suddenly, all at once, like a dam, it burst.
A bright, beautiful release of every emotion possible, every realization hitting me all at once.
Catharsis.
I'm floating. Nothing is perfect, but I'm learning to appreciate the flaws.
It is the imperfectness of this life that makes it ours.
It is the growth no one sees that is the biggest.

I like it here, in the warmth, the sparkle in my eye.
The light that went out for far too long, returned with a new purpose.
I'm proud of myself, and those around me.
As I learn to separate the good and bad, only focus on the good. The bad, the negative aspect of life, does nothing.
Compartmentalization.
But what is life without just a little ignorance?
Bliss? No.
Bliss is what I feel now. As I try no longer to be strong for those around me.
As I am open with how I feel, but only deal with it on my own.
This new light that surrounds me like a halo is bliss.
The feeling I get when I realize I have come out on top, when I realize people love me, when I understand that I love myself too.
That is bliss.

And if it took all the pain I could have imagined at 15 and more in order to achieve this- to come out with my head held higher than before, with more confidence, people I trust, and to finally be genuinely happy- then I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Others don't define you do.
Your past does not define you.
How you overcome it does.
I like it here.
I'm staying here.
~~~~~~~
I'm laughing at the difference between this and the first few chapters of this book. We love character development, high school messed me up bro.