Chapter Eleven.

I have been having a difficult past few weeks but I have the need to write a new chapter. So here I am, trying. I lost someone very dear to me and I kept taking breaks while writing this chapter but I finally completed it and it might be shitty but it's a filter for what's to come.

Unedited.

Enjoy.

————

Amelia Hart.

I sat back in the room my parents had set up for me and the little one. So far she hasn't really complained about Rose not being around, just a few questions here and there but nothing extreme that I couldn't handle. I feel like she's so used to her mothers absence that this is normal for her which I didn't like. It's been a week and Rose hasn't shown any interest in coming to find us, she's tried communicating through our bond link but I block her out. She hasn't been around Taylor either, which is a good thing because I didn't feel uncomfortable whatsoever.

"Ame, I hungry." Hazel's soft voice brought me back to reality.

"Let's go find aunt violet and my sister." I suggested, getting up from the bed and picking hazel up into my arms. "Then we can all have breakfast together."

"With mommy?"

"No honey she's —"

"Do not fucking touch me, I have a right to see my mate."

I was on my way down the stairs when rose's voice interjected from the living room. I inhaled sharply as my heart thumped against my chest, I didn't understand this feeling. I don't know if it was hurt I felt or excitement to see her face again, guessing there was only one way to find out. I had to see her face to face to make that decision, Hazel perked up at her mother's voice and she gripped my shirt to urge me forward.

"What's going on?" I voiced, making myself visible to my parents who sat across from my mate. I turned to look at Rose who was already staring at me, she looked different and not the good kind." Oh goddess, you look horrible."

"Fuck sakes, you're safe." She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw me standing at the entrance of the living room with hazel in my arms. "We've had a problem in the north wing of the territory, three of the pack warriors were killed by an unknown creature."

"What?! Why wasn't I informed?" I gasped, my gaze widening in shock. "I'm the luna Rose, I should have been told this the minute it happened."

She bit her lower lip and looked away from me as she answered. "It happened three days ago, I tried reaching out through our bond link but you completely shut me out." She growled, not liking my silent treatment.

"You could have sent someone to tell me Rose, this is no excuse!" I hissed, feeling the anger rising up within me. "The pack probably think I don't care, for goddess sake, do you ever think about the consequences of your actions!?"

"I didn't think of that.." she trailed off, her eyes didn't meet mine and for the first time I felt bad for yelling at her. She looked warned out, her hair was in a messy bun and she had a bunch of bags under her eyes.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax, we didn't have time for arguments right now. We had bigger issues like this creature. "Whatever, that doesn't matter. The good thing is that I know now. What can you tell us? Have they caught a scent or called aunts coven for help?"

'She looks horrible! Our mate.' There she was on cue.

'Not now.' I cut the link between us. Hadn't she learned her lesson from what we've been through with Rose but I couldn't blame her, it was the bond she had with her.

"The creatures scent was covered by some kind of magic, we couldn't catch anything whatsoever. The only reason we found the bodies was because one of the warriors managed to mind link us before he died so we couldn't get a description of the creature." She explained, running a hand over her weary expression. "I didn't want to call for help until I knew more about the incident but it's been pointless, your mother has already reached out to her best friend and they should be on their way."

"Good, now come. You need to clean yourself up and get some rest." I nodded towards the stairs before I stopped. "Mom, please send someone to bring hazel a snack please?"

"We'll take her." I was stopped by the stairs, my sister and violet were coming down. "It'll be fun, right little haze?"

"Can we get pancakes and go to the park?" Hazel reached out for her aunt with a huge smile plastered on her little lips.

Fuck, I was screwed.

"Yes we can." Violet took her from my arms and gave me a smile. "We'll be back later." With that, they were out the front door and I was left with her mother.

I moved up the stairs without looking over my shoulder to see if she was following or not. I made it to the room I was staying in and went inside before my body stiffened when I felt her arms wrapping themselves around my stomach. I felt her front against my back, inhaling sharply to keep calm.

"Please can we just stay like this for a moment." She whispered against the back of my neck. I shivered, feeling her breath hitting the back of my neck.

"Rose you need to rest, I bet you haven't slept in awhile." I explained, moving my hands to try and remove her hold from around me but it was no use.

"I'm sorry."she blurted out but tightened her arms around me. "You were right, I should have punished Taylor but I didn't and it wasn't because she was a bed buddy." She spoke, glancing over my shoulder to look at her, I couldn't. She had hidden her face against my neck. "It's because she's been here for me since the moment my ex left me, I felt like I owed her that much but I understand that it was wrong of me to put her before you. I need you to come back please Amelia, I need my Luna and I need to know that you are safe at all times, I can't do that when you're here and I'm there."

'She really cares about us, I told you!' Zeva reappeared like she usually did when our mate was around.

'Shut up, you are blinded by love. She's playing us.' I cut off our link for the hundredth time this week.

"I will return with you so can you please take a nap now." I told her while I placed my hands on her arms that were wrapped around me. "But if she gets out of line again Rose I will punish her myself or I can't agree to be with you."

"Will you be here when I wake up?" She asked, turning me around to look at her. "I understand and I will not stop you from doing so."

"Yeah I will be, I'm just going to read a book while you sleep." I pulled back and tugged her towards the bed before I let her go of her wrist. "Good, We're on the same page now."

I grabbed my book and was about to sit on the chair by the bed when rose grabbed my arm and tugged me onto the bed next to her. My heart was pounding against my rib-cage and the fact that she was so close to me wasn't helping the heat that was curing through my body.

"This is better." She yawned, tiredly while she wrapped her arms around my waist. She got comfortable as she nuzzled into me.

Maybe things would start looking up.