Chapter Fourteen.

It's been a couple of months but life has been putting me through some really bad situations. I lost my mom in December of last year and I was just getting through it. My dad couldn't bare without her and passed in May of this year. Then towards June my niece committed suicide, so yeah I'm not really that big on writing those day but I'm pushing through it because I love this book. I want to finish it because I've never finished a book in my life. So bare with me because I know you will all understand. Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you because you never know what the next day brings, anyways enjoy.

Amelia Hart

I hadn't seen Rose much for a few days now since we were all busy with the training and preparation for the war to come. The vampires and the witches of my aunts coven both agreed to join the war because they felt like it was the right thing to do. We were all uncomfortable with each other but the kings made it work somehow. Selene and her sister were here and kept me and hazel company when we weren't training. You should have seen when they came through the doors, Violet had been clinging to Emilia the whole time, it was pretty funny the deadly glares she gave poor Sabrina. Regardless of how many times my sister and Sabrina assured her that they are just friends, she didn't even believe Sabrina's mate.

Rose had also been acting weird when I did see her on those rare occasions, she'd move close to me but didn't talk or acknowledge me whatsoever. She just made herself known to me, she spent more time with hazel and never gave a second glance in Taylor's direction anymore. It was nice to know that she was complying to our agreement but it still bothered me that it had to be because of a contract that she listened and not because she wanted something with me.

I walked through the halls of the mansion, following her scent. My wolf needed to see her and be near her. This happened a few times over the last few couple of days so I'd find her and just act like I was looking or doing something that needed me to be where she was. I stopped by her office when I could smell her scent from inside. I glanced around at the books that were stacked against the walls, not paying any attention to the office until I heard her voice.

"Taylor, this is ridiculous." Rose growled, annoyance laced in her tone. "You need to stop coming in here, dressed like that." My interest was peeked and I moved closer to the door that was left slightly opened. "You have a mate now and I have Amelia."

"God, why do you keep bringing them up? Huh? He doesn't matter to me and she doesn't matter to you so why does it matter?" Taylor growled back, I could tell that she was angry with what rose kept saying.

"Shut the fuck up already and get out of my office." She hissed in her alpha tone, causing Taylor to flinch away from rose. "I have more important things to do then to sit here and watch you make a fool of yourself."

I think it was time I made myself known and with a deep breath. I pushed opened the door and walked in. "Hey rose..."

Rose quickly stood and moved away from Taylor like she had been caught doing something she shouldn't have. "Nothing happened, Taylor was just leaving."

Taylor gasped," No I wasn't. We were going to have sex before she interrupted."

"Are you kidding me?" Rose spat bitterly, looking over at me. "She's lying, I swear I was just kicking—"

I lifted my hand up to stop her from going on and she immediately shut her mouth. "Taylor, honestly can you stop being such a slut? For fuck sakes can't you have a little self respect for yourself and stop throwing yourself at my mate. She's mine and that's not going to change." I said as calmly, even though inside my wolf was thrashing around to get loose and murder her but before that could happen I moved over to where Rose stood.

I gripped her jacket before I leaned up and pressed my lips against hers. My eyes shutting the moment she responded to me, her arms wrapping around my hips as she tugged me closer to her. It was a good thing she held me against her, my knees felt weak all of a sudden. Her lips felt soft and inviting as I moved my lips against hers. Everything around us, seemed to case to exist at this moment, the moment that ended too soon for my liking.

"Ugh, you'll pay for this!" Taylor yelled as she left the office, slamming the door behind her.

I cleared my throat and tried to move from her grasp. "Mine." She growled, my head turning to see that her eyes had darkened. Somehow her wolf had took some control and was making it clear that we belonged to her, my wolf howled in my head.

"Rose, hey." I whispered as I moved my hands up and rested them on her cheeks, my thumbs stroked her cheek. "I'm not going anywhere alright so can you let me go?"

She blinked a few times and dropped her hands from my waist. "Uh- um sorry about that, I was... well I got lost in the kiss for a minute." She laughed, nervously. She moved back and rubbed the back of her neck. "She was lying, you know? I wasn't going to sleep with her."

"I know you weren't." I waved her off, moving back freely and taking a seat on one of her chair. "The whole bond we have would have told me if you had that thought, but uh sorry about the kiss and all that."

"I know you only did it to get her to leave." She shrugged, making my heart ache a bit.

"Right, anyways I should get going." I stood from where I sat before she was near me again. My head snapped up and I stared up into her eyes. "Rose..?"

"Stay please?" She asked, her voice sounded so soft and vulnerable that all I could do what nod at her request. She smiled and moved back before going to sit back in her chair. "Where's hazel?"

"With my friends and our sisters, they all went to the park with some of the kids." I shrugged and leaned back in my seat. "She really likes the twins, they're my favorite people and I'm honestly so glad they get along.."

"You really like talking about those girls huh? Did you ever date of them?" She asked, looking up from the papers to stare at me.

"What? No, I never dated anyone.. my first kiss was stolen by Adam." I informed before she growled slightly, moving forward. I placed my hand on top of hers to sooth her, I felt her relaxing a bit from my touch. "But where here now and that's all behind me."

"Good because you're mine and that's final." She said as she stared into my eyes. The look in her eyes made a shiver run throughout my body.

But before I could respond to her words, the door to her office was being slammed open by Adam. "You bitch, you made my mate cry!" He growled.

"She was coming on to me, I just told her to leave because my mate was here." Rose said in a calming voice.

"Oh yeah, my sloppy seconds." He chuckled humorlessly, rolling his eyes.

"Fuck you, I never slept with you besides... don't you have Rose's sloppy seconds since your bitch can't seem to leave what's mine alone." I interjected myself into the conversation. "What, can't satisfy them enough that they go looking for a girl?"

"You slut!" He growled, fuming at my words. He didn't waste time in throwing himself towards me but before he could touch me. Rose has him on the ground in a swift moment.

"She's mine, you don't touch what's mine, tell Taylor to leave me alone and instead of trying to start a fight you can't win. Focus on the war we have at our doorsteps." She hissed, getting up and moving towards me. She draped an arm across my shoulder and tugged me out of the room, leaving Adam on the ground. "Let's have dinner? Just the two of us tonight?"

"Like a date?"

"Yeah, like a date." She replied as she pulled me along, towards the stairs.

"But don't we have to worry about the war too?"

"Yeah but we should still go on a date." She shrugged at me and pulled me up the stairs with her.

This was a weird day and it was just getting weirder.

So, long time no see, I know this is a shitty chapter but I pushed myself to finish it. I've just been having a rough year and it's not getting any easier cause my depression is just messing with me. The only thing that keeps me happy is wrestling at the moment, I used to watch that with my dad. Anyways, I'm going to write a baysha story soon and god help me that nothing else goes wrong.