Chapter Twelve.

I started writing this after I lost my mom. So I'm sorry it took me awhile to write this chapter or at all. I'm still not 100% over it but it's easier now. Losing a parent has such an effect on someone's self being and everything changes. Please appreciate your parents because when they're gone. You'll wish you had more conversations with them, laughed more. Everything more.

Anyways enjoy.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Amelia Hart

"You're crazy if you think I'll let you go back with her!" My brother angrily seethed, shooting daggers at Rose. If looks could kill, she'd be six feet under.

"I have too! We're in danger Samuel and you know a pack without a Luna is a weak one." I reasoned, running my fingers through my hair. "So it's my responsibility to take care of the pack no matter what, that's what I agreed too."

"But-" I raised my hand to shut him up, I didn't want to hear it anymore and I'm pretty sure Rose was about to butt in.

"That's enough Sam, I'm doing this for my family and the children." I walked over to him and gave him a hug, "For my niece or nephew." I pulled away to look up at him With a smile.

"She knows what she's doing Sammy." My mother sided with me, giving me a wary but genuine smile of her own but she understood the responsibility I had on my shoulders.

I gave her another smile and grabbed my bags before I headed out the door and towards the pack house right next door, He was making such a big deal out of nothing.

"I should throw him in the cells for being so disrespectful to me." Rose growled under her breath, following close behind.

I scoffed, shaking my head. "Sure, right after I put Taylor in there for attacking me."

She didn't say anything more, she knew she was walking on thin ice because of the whole Taylor thing. She apologized and I forgave her for it but it didn't mean I'd forget the incident. She knew that because I made it very clear to her that I wasn't going to put up with anymore "misunderstandings" between them.

"Oh thank goodness, you've returned Luna." Emily the cook greeted me, bowing her head in respect to me. "I was so worried about you when I hadn't seen you around for a few days."

"Don't do that please, I've told you before just call me Amelia." I blushed, waving her off. "I'll be back in a few and we can discuss the dinner for tonight since we'll be having a few guests here. Isn't that right Rose?" I ignored her worries, I didn't want to put unnecessary stuff in her mind.

"That's right, a few alpha's will be over for an alliance meeting this evening." She took my hand and led me up the stairs but stopped midway to look at Emily. "So do prepare the grand dining hall, thank you."

"You have a grand dining hall?!?" I shrieked, ignoring the warm feelings inside of me as she held my hand. Zeva wasn't making it any better by speaking inside my head.

"Yes but we hardly use it unless we have a big party or something like today." She shrugged, tugging me off in the direction of her room.

"Are you sure you want Adam's pack in the alliance?" I asked, bringing our earlier argument back. "He could betray us for what happened between the two of you."

"Not this again Amelia, they have good warriors and we need all the help we can get. Remember this enemy is unlike any of the enemies I've faced, even my uncle is afraid of it." She explained, running her free hand through her hair. "And he's the Alpha king, Adam would be a fool to betray my uncle."

"Fine but I'm not going to be nice to him." I informed her as I walked into her room. I inhaled sharply, relaxing with her scent as it filled my nostrils. "I don't even understand why I have to be there in the first place."

I let go of her hand and quickly moved to put my things in her closet without unpacking. I would do that later, I just wanted to relax and cook with Emily before it all turned sour from seeing Adam and hanging out with a bunch of Alphas who thought they were better than everybody else.

"It'll be fine, you'll love everyone but Adam." Rose said, wrapping her arms around my stomach. "That's because you are my Luna and I need to show you off."

"Doubtful." I mumbled under my breath, glancing over my shoulder at Rose. I raised my brows at her boldness. "Personal space Rose."

"You'll be fine." She nuzzled her nose against the nape of my neck.

"Y-Yes but I need to go down a-and help Emily with—"

"Shh.." She hummed, pressing her body against my back, her arms tightened around my stomach.

My breathing became shallow while zeva was howling in the back of my head, making my ears ring. I inhaled sharply when I felt her soft lips pressing against my skin, one of her hands managed to travel lower to the button of my shorts. Her fingers messed with the round metal until I felt them loosening around my waist. Her other hand was tangled up in my hair as she pushed it to one side as her lips trailed kisses along my neck, making me tilt my head to one side. The sensation of her touch was sending waves of feelings I've never ever felt before throughout my body and down in my groin area.

"Rose, baby?" The annoyingly smug voice spoke, causing me to snap back into reality.

I flinched away from rose and buttoned my shorts up, what in the world was I thinking?

'You weren't, but that bitch had to ruin it.' Zeva growled in our mind link.

"Jesus fucking Christ Taylor, what the fuck do you want?" Rose hissed at the whore in the doorway.

I fixed my shirt and ran my fingers through my hair to smooth it out. "I'll be downstairs helping Emily with dinner." I whispered, walking past rose. I needed to get away from this situation as fast as I could.

"Wait, I'll come with you." Rose grabbed my arm and turned to look at Taylor."well, what do you need? We're kinda busy here."

She frowned at the closeness between us and took a step into the room. "I was trying to see if you wanted to have a little fun with me baby." She stopped in front of rose, not even minding that I was right there beside my mate. "You know, the kind where we're both screaming in complete bliss." She seductively suggested, running a hand down the front of rose's blouse.

I narrowed my eyes at the disgusting she-wolf and watched as Rose bit her lip. I clenched my fist and yanked my arm from her hold, she was actually thinking about it. I could feel it, the feeling that she was feeling and it was lust. It wasn't there for long but it was still there, making her feel that way about someone else, even for a split second.

I cleared my throat and shook my head, "Unbelievable." I walked past Taylor, bumping shoulders with her as I went.

I couldn't stay in that room with them, I was so disappointed in myself for almost letting her touch me in an intimate way.

"Amelia wait, it's not what it looked like—"

"It's never what it looks like Rose." I cut her off, turning to look at her with annoyance on my features. "But feelings don't lie, you would still be sleeping with her if you could. The lust you feel when she touched you back there wasn't a lie or did you forget that we can feel those things too?" She looked away from me. " Of course you remember, if it wasn't for the contract we have, you wouldn't be right here, right now. That's what fucking sucks Rose and I'm tired of it, just break the contract already and we can both move on with our life's."

"You. Are. Mine." She took a step towards me, her eyes darkened.

"Yes, unfortunately I am." I rested my hand on her cheek, her eyes shifted back to her normal cyan orbs. I dropped my hand when I knew she was back in control, a few tears escaped me and I quickly wiped them away. "Forget the contract, do as you please Rose woods because I'm going to be the Luna of this pack until my very last breath." I turned back around and plastered a fake smile before heading down the stairs.

"What do you mean?" Rose said, following me but I just ignored her and headed for the kitchen.

"Let's do this Emily, our guests will be here soon and everything has to be perfect."