T H R E E

Bianca Newman

"Mommy I'm hungwee!" Kyle yelled at me as I drove

I looked through the mirror and saw his face exaggerated and cringed as he whined. I nodded before speaking, "Okay we'll eat when we get home okay baby?" I told him.

"Otay,"He said a little disappointed. I sighed knowing he wanted some Zaxbys so I turned to the nearest exit off the freeway and to the restaurant.

I ordered his kids meal tenders and myself a salad with a Dr.Pepper and him a lemonade. Once we got our food I got right back to the freeway to the Atlanta penitentiary. Tyree had been begging to see Kyle and myself for months now and since I had my off day today I could take the kids to see him. Once we pulled up I was screened and so was Kyle. We got to the booth and Out came the man I fell in love with even though he loved the streets more than me.

I picked up the phone with Kyle in lap.

"DADDY!" Kyle smiled reaching through the glass.

I saw Tyree's eyes water as he spoke. He waved at Kyle and looked at me.

"Hey babygirl," He said making me blush.

"Hi Tyree," I greeted.

"You ain't giving no other niggas what's mine right?" He asked licking his lips and looking me up and down.

I shook my head no before opening my mouth,

"So the judge offer you palore yet?" I asked and he shook his head "Cut down on sentence?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nah, but I got an offer for in person visits come January," He smiled showing that killer dimple I fell in love with and what Kyle inherited.

"How Tyrese doin in school?" He asked saying Kyle's real name.

"He okay,getting along with other kids and what not, One of my cousins told him things and he .... Ain't been taking it right," I said looking down.

"Like what?" His voice getting deep.

"You ain't shit," I told him.

His body tensed up and he looked at Kyle and then me.

"Put him on the phone," He told me and I gave Kyle the phone and taught him how to hold it.

He began speaking and so did Kyle.

"Yeah.... Well there was one girl, she pretty I like her... Her name Kylie ... YEAH! I know... The teacher says Kyle and Kylie all the time... Yah... When are you coming home... Okay," He smiled.

Tyree pointed at me and Kyle looked at me and he smiled want Kyle laughed. The guard came in and told Tyree his time was up. Kyle gave me the phone and I listened.

"Don't let him see me get cuffed, I'll be out before he 10 I promise," He told me.

I nodded and picked up Kyle and turned him around as I watched Tyree get handcuffed my heart broke Everytime.  I picked up and Kyle waved without looking back.

"Bye DADDY!" He yelled before I packed him away. I put him in his carseat and began to drive to my mom's house. Once I was there I took out Kyle and let him play football with his other cousins.

I saw Britney and confronted her about what she said to Kyle immediately.

"Bitch, what the fuck you doin telling my son about grown folks business?" I asked her.

"I think he need to know what the fuck goin on," She shrugged eating mashed potatoes.

"Bitch that ain't yo Lane to tell him anything. I'm his mother and I'll tell him when he's old enough to be able to mentally hold what's happening," I told her.

"Bitch cut that ole white people shit out you think you better than me cause your a doctor? Bitch yo husband in prison and yo second son not even his," She spat.

Before I could hit her my other cousin held me back.

"Britney that was out of line,"Mama told her.

"No cause she think she better than everyone in this damn house. BITCH YOU AIN'T NO BETTA THAN NOBODY." She yelled.

I tried to reach other but more people kept holding me back. She kept picking at me and I wanted to beat her ass so bad.

"Let dat lil hood rat go she need a reality check!" She yelled.

"BRITNEY SHUT THE FUCK UP WIT YO BURNIN AND ITCHIN ASS!" One of my cousins shouted out and she got quiet.

I conducted myself and got myself together. I walked past Brittney mugging her and talking to my mom.

"Where's Brennan?" I asked her.

"In my room sleep," She told me making broth.

I nodded and went outside and called Kyle.

"Ma'am?" He asked.

"Get yo stuff ready to go we bout to leave!" I told him.

I went in my mama room and gathered my things and picked Brennan up with him still sleep. I saw Kyle right behind me.

"Put yo coat on," I told him bundling up Brennan.

"Can I spenna night wit Keon and Dem Mama? Huh mama?" Kyle begged.

"No, you won't be spending the night at they house for awhile," I told him when put Brennan shoes on before helping Kyle with his.
__________________

"Girl no," Ari said in disbelief.

"Girl yes, and it took every ounce of strength in me to not to beat the damn fuck outta her," I told her tensing my body up.

I lifted Brennan up and began to burp him lightly patting him on his back.

"How you gone tell Tyree about lil Tyson," She said referring to Brennan.

"I won't, by the time he supposed to get out Brennan gone be 17," I told her.

"Or six," Chloe muttered. I laughed trying to bury the feeling of uncertainty.

I didn't know how Tyree would react if I told him I had not only slept with another man. He'd probably be beat the hell out of me or kill Brennan.

"I should probably tell him while he's in there,"I told them.

"Girl you know how his ass is, before you know it he got all of Atlanta on yo ass," Ari said in the kitchen cooking.

I nodded and before I knew my pager was going off and I had to go.

"WORK CALLS DR. NEWMAN!" Chloe yelled