T H I R T Y- F I VE

-Chloe Sawmen-

"So how does this work? I mean like how are we supposed to-"

"Chloe you act like its rocket science, we simply have sex and boom it's over."Micheal said lighting a cigar.

We had been talking about his little request of me having his child well after the trial. I still wasn't ready for a kid since my miscarriage and I don't think I ever would be. It also doesn't help that Kentrell drags my name through the dirt whenever he gets the chance to, and to think I wanted a baby with that man. Tuh, the nerve.

"Well Chloe we could always do the injection treatment, I don't even have to touch you." He told me.

"But Micheal, A child? That's a lifelong commitment to you and for me. I just think I'm ready, I mean seriously I'm only 21," I told him.

"Only 21?" He asked in disbelief dragging his cigar then blowing out the smoke in the same moment.

"You weren't thinking about being only 21 when I had to save your ass with all those horrific charges... You weren't only 21 when you were willing to get herpes and ruin your life over some Boy. You weren't only 21 when you agreed to this life, But now 21 is a factor? Please stop bullshitting what's the real reason Chloe?" He asked.

The real reason was because I was scared. I was terrified of another miscarriage, another fail, another beating. I didn't wanna have to face that I couldn't do what a woman's ONLY job was to do and bring another life in this world.

"I'm scared okay?" I cried finally.

His stiff face softened and he rubbed my shoulders, "Chloe... You'll have the best protection and treatment this world has to offer and it will be nothing like the first time." He told me.

"Look I'll give you until the end of this year to decide what you want to do, Live it up until then okay?" He said.

I nodded smiling and kissing his cheek going back into the Condo. He followed behind me laughing, "Guinea sure does know how to welcome a brotha," He laughed.

"Sure does, But I wanna see the parts they don't want us to see. The actual parts of Guinea," I told him.

"This is the actual part of Guinea, I see you still have that middle class mindset about Africa with the penny a day meal plans. Look," He said grabbing my hand and pulling me back to the balcony.

I looked at the view, The people, culture. Something Atlanta nor Louisiana didn't have. I remember being excited to go to a corner store and now I'm looking at a beautiful country in a condo. Life really changes and flips like a switch.