CHAPTER 2 - NEW BODY, SAME MIND

BiMing stumbled into his impressive house, found the bed immediately and flopped down. All in a days work... ran away, died, transmigrated now he feel dead. 

  He had a fitful sleep. Memories played behind closed eyelids.

  He was a young boy back then, freshly adopted into a new home. Though it wasn't what he expected he had hoped he could make the best out of it. But he couldn't. Night after night he became scared to fall asleep. The man he had come to live with is an alcoholic, a drug addict. He worked at a construction site during day but he stayed awake all night. There was a schedule, he'd come home, start drinking, get angry, find fault in the boys cleaning and use that as an excuse to beat him. The boy often screamed and cried but that resulted in heavier beatings so he soon learned to stay quiet and to bite his hand. Scars appeared there overtime along with the other scars that littered his body from the broken glass bottles that flew his way more often than not. 

  It was a stormy night, he huddled in the corner of his room and awaited what was to come when the front door opened...

  He woke with a start. Ah... another fitful night it seems. He glanced around at the glamorous room. The style was simple, but elegant. It looked like the original owner of this body had a love for mahogany furniture. Tables and chairs littered the space and paired with crisp, white walls. Good taste, he thought. He glanced down at the velvet sheets under him and ran his hands over them. So silky and smooth, he felt like a child experiencing new things for he had sheets on his bed, let alone silk sheets, let alone a bed even... God I'm so sad... He grimaced at his thoughts and hopped off bed.

  "Tis a day for exploration!" he claimed and pushed open the wooden doors before stretching in the sunlight outside. He  then observed his surroundings, last night he had stumbled in the dark to find this place but the sight he saw now was truly astonishing. In front of him  was the vast expanse of the top of the mountain, rich in vegetation and life. Cranes flew over head and deer littered the land. This mountain peak was sandwiched in between clouds  so the sight was truly magical. His grand house also wasn't the only one there, a bit in the distance where another mountain peak can be seen, another house resides upon that and another peak and so on.

  "Wow... maybe God took pity on me and decided to let me live in heaven?"

   All the while at the base of the mountain where disciple candidates resided a young man was called out of the crowd. "Wang XiuYin! Wang XiuYin! Younger disciple brother I got your chance! remember you said you absolutely must get in the sect? Well this older brother here found you a good chance to get on the nice side of one of the masters hehe."

   XiuYin turned and looked at the silly youth with a wide smile on his face. He was wearing the sect uniform, simple, light blue garments with dark blue and cuffs and shoes. Normally the official disciples would never come down to mingle with the candidates but luckily for XiuYin he had made a good friend at the winery. "Heh, many thanks Qing elder brother! This younger brother will not disappoint."

  Qing,"Hehe... Although don't count your chickens before they hatch because this master is the toughest of them all." XiuYin's smiling face already began to droop as dread crawled at his heart. "It's Lu ShiZun. You must've heard that he's as cold as people get and he also doesn't receive disciples. But if you do your part right, he might just take you in, or at least put a good word in to the other masters for you when it's selection day!"

  XiuYin,"Hm, I guess there's nothing wrong with trying at least. But speaking of Lu ShiZun, I saw him last night when I was running an errand for a senior disciple. He was soaked to the bones and spoke weirdly... He's not ill is he? What is the task anyway, I hope you're not setting me up to something?" He squinted his eyes in suspicion.

  Qing," No no no no, it's quite a normal task, Lu ShiZun never has any personal attendants apart from his food bringer. This is an odd fact about him. Most Masters at his stage of cultivation no longer required eating but food seems to be one thing that he's extremely passionate about, he consumes delicacies as if there's no tomorrow or so I've heard. Anyway, the food deliverer has emergency business to attend to back in his hometown and I was assigned with the task of finding a temporary replacement. And you came to mind, aren't you lucky! Now come along It's almost time his breakfast was delivered."  And with that XiuYin's suspicion died down as he followed Qing elder brother to the kitchens. "Ok so  Lu ShiZun eats the most fancy of fancy foods, congee topped with pork shredding and spring onions, pickled vegetables of all sorts and the best Ginseng tea from the northern parts, got it? And you'll be taking this up on a silver lined tray. One of my brothers will take you up on his sword so the journey is covered, you'll just need to leave a good impression and do everything right."

  XiuYin nodded his head as he listened seriously. He thought that Lu ShiZun must've been spoilt as a child, spoilt rotten to want the best of the foods and even have a silver tray... a silver tray could pay for a months food for his family, or maybe half a months, considering his sisters  appetites...

  After elder brother Qing left him to his work he went to collect the lavish food on a tray from a kitchen servant, just by smelling it his stomach grew hungry. He rolled his eyes, took the tray and walked to the base of the mountain. There he met a young man around his twenties, hair scooped into a high bun with a jade keeping it in place, he wasn't extraordinarily handsome but he had an air of dignity that made him very manly. As he saw XiuYin he smiled and waved. "You must be XiuYin, younger disciple brother I am Chen WuLing, I'll be bringing you up to the main sect every morning." He said after he smiled.

  XiuYin bowed with fist in front and respectfully said "Many thanks to elder brother, I'll be troubling you." And with that WuLing drew out his sword with a slight yellow gleam emanated from it. He threw it forwards and instead of hitting the ground it hovered just above and stopped in front of him, WuLing stepped on it and gestured for XiuYin to come on too. He  obeyed and stepped on carefully and off they went. they soared up and up and up, through the clouds until they reached the peak. XiuYin marvelled at the adrenaline rush in his blood and the feeling of freedom that released his heart. He smiled a toothy grin and gripped the tray, of which the content did not waver in the slightest, tightly. After reaching the top XiuYin once again saw the vast expanse of land that belonged to the main sect. as he hopped off the sword WuLing shouted out as he started descending, "Shout out my name when you need to come back down and I'll pick you up!" 

  XiuYin nodded and left, heading in the direction of Lu ShiZun's residence. He started remembering the funny appearance of him from last night. Shaking his head and straightening his appearance, he took a big breath and carried on.

  BiMing was in the courtyard, he had moved on from stretching to inspecting the ants crawling in a wonky line to a little mound they had created. He had wondered how the ants got to the top of the mountain in the first place. He squatted down like a kindergartener, picked up a stick and tried blocking the ants path without hurting them. But they continued crawling either around or over the stick. How resilient... He thought.

  And then he was snapped out of his peaceful day dreaming when he heard a deliberate cough behind him. He turned and saw a sturdy youth with wavy hair up in a pony tail, childish features holding a tray with food.

  He drooled...

.........................................................................................................................

Author tries to be coy...

XY- ShiZun you drooling over the food or me?

BM- the food of course...

XY- I'll have to change that then

...............................................................................................................................

A/N- sorry for the late update, I have essays and the previous Novel to finish up but hey, always gotta make some extra time hehe... hope you enjoyed!!