CHAPTER 29 - A DISTANT VOICE

XiuYin turned in his sleep and found his bed to be extremely uncomfortable. He turned again.

  "Ouch..." He opened his eyes to see the source of his pain. 

  He was... in his room, at home. XiuYin felt confused, he was sure he was... somewhere else...with someone...

  XiuYin frowned and massaged his head before he heard voices and groaned.

  "I tell you I tell you! Big brother has really come home!"

  "It's true it's true I saw him!"

  "And I helped carry Him!"

  "He was in the fields!"

  "In the cow turd!"

  "Girls! What taken over your, your brother can't be here because he's at-"

  XiuYin glanced up sheepishly as the door slammed open and five female faces appeared in his room. His mother gaped at him whilst his sisters squealed that he's awoken and leapt on to him, piling up.

  "Ah! Little sisters you can't do this! You're so heavy... how come you've all grown so tall suddenly?"

  The youngest with twin braids pouted, "What do you mean how come? You've left home for almost a decade..."

  XiuYin frowned, a decade? he couldn't remember anything, not even a blurred image or scene. To avoid panic he simply said, "Is that so..." 

  The oldest woman, XiuYin's mother stepped forwards and whacked him on the head. "You ungrateful child, you didn't come to visit us at all! Uwu..." Tears sprang out of her eyes.

  XiuYin looked grieved as he said, "Sorry mother... I forgot..."

  "You foolish boy..." She cried as she came forward and wrapped him in her arms. 

  XiuYin hugged back and couldn't help but feel that someone else also like calling him foolish.

  XiuYin decided since he couldn't remember much, he'd settle in with his family for a bit, as for what he'll do later, he'll leave it up to fate.

  Later on that night, XiuYin was in a light sleep when his eyes snapped open. He heard a distant voice, so distant it sounded like a whisper, but the voice clawed at his heart. "Come" The voice called.

  XiuYin could only stare dazedly and confusingly out the window as he began wondering... Why can't I remember almost a decade of my life?