CHAPTER 18 -XIAO GUI THE 'SEER'

A/N- Thank you for all those supportive comments... I feel so silly now... It's stupid to start a story and not end it when there are FaBuLOuS people such as YoU reading it...Thank You! ...............................................................................................................................

 BiMing stepped into the concealed room where he had been instructed to meet the man. Upon entering BiMing noted the light scents of honeysuckle in the air. The scent carried calming properties, soothing his anxieties. As he looked to the small table he saw a hunched, hooded figure.

  "I'm here," BiMing called out to the man.

  "Yeah, no shit." The man scoffed, hunching his back even further. BiMing scrowled at the man's attitude before walking around the table. The man, Xiao Gui, he called himself due to the nature of his business...  though he was nothing close to being small. Xiao Gui eyed him cautiously, wrinkles sagging around his eyes from age. A long pipe hung from his fingertips, a slightly yellow fume coming out of it. That must've been the source of the smell. Xiao Gui straightened a little and leaned back. "I said to come alone."

  "I did," BiMing replied as he threw his sleeves back and sat.

  "You got a dog waiting outside." Xiao Gui flicked his head to the side indicating the exact location of XiuYin.

  "He's only there to watch for unwanted attention... I didn't pay you to investigate me." BiMing said, keeping a straight face.

  "I don't investigate boy, I know. Youngins these days don't give two tosses about the old ways."

  BiMing was familiar with this argument. Since the first time they met around a year ago the man had claimed himself to be a natural born seer, a person who's eyes see more than what lies on the surface.

  "Yes, yes, fine, you're the greatest seer I've ever known. Now prove you're worth the amount I'm paying you." BiMing propped his head on the back of his hand and waited.

  "Tch... those letters you showed me, they're clean."

  "Ha! The contents are less than clean or are you blind!? What do you mean clean?"

  "There are no traces or scents of the being who wrote them, I suspect the person behind this sick game is very cautious indeed. Must've sealed off all scents on himself when writing these...dare I call them corrupted love letters." Xiao Gui shifted in his seat, uncomfortable at remembering the contents of the letter.

  "No, you dare not. So are you telling me you have nothing useful?" BiMing reached towards the money pouch he'd placed in front of Xiao Gui.

  "Hey, hey, I just didn't get to the main bit yet...Geez." Xiao Gui with his quick reflexes snatched the pouch quicker than the eye could see. "Ahem... So on one of the letters, there were traces of a sickness. Growing cancer perhaps but it was there, a blunder made by the deliverer."

  "So the master behind this is ill?" BiMing thought back to the man he highly suspects but remembered him with perfect health.

  "Stupid boy, who said it's only one person doing all the work, you think the person writing these... is also the same person who would sneak around and drop them in your house?"

  BiMing thought for a second, and it made sense... only thing is if it weren't the all-powerful 'master' dropping these in his private quarters, who else would be powerful enough to enter his property without carrying a pendant with his blood in it? BiMing frowned as a nagging thought pulled at the back of his mind. "But... Xiao Gui ah, people can't enter my place without my blood pendants. And I destroyed all the ones, not in use."