Chapter 1: Memories.

A teenage boy stands on a balcony, looking at the sky as it changes from the tones of red, yellow and orange to purple, blue and black. Next to him, a woman reads at a book... a diary which contains years of happiness but also a nightmare... your nightmare.

" Mother, tell me the story again." The boy requested, you looked at him and as you did his eyes reminded you of the monster who assisted in his creation. His father...

"Alexander dear, haven't you heard it enough times already?"

"I have... mother, there are news... that boy... Harry Potter claims he's back."

"I know... and I am sure that he is indeed back. Tom has returned."

"Voldemort has returned." Alexander corrected darkly, he looked backwards and saw a very speciffic animal that also represented his house, a snake. Yes, your son was sorted to Slytherin along with a boy named Draco Malfoy. Alexander wasn't arrogant nor was he rude to others, his intelligence and bravery were unique but he didn't enter neither Gryffindor nor the house you belonged to... Ravenclaw. 

"Alexander..."

"I wish I had gone to Ravenclaw or Gryffindor... even Hufflepuff would be fine... anything but Slytherin!!!" He shouted and you sighed.

"Come, I'll repeat the story as you wish." You stated and stood up, going towards the living room, the two of you sat down and Alexander's gaze remained on you as you cleared your throat and began to talk.

~ THIRTY NINE YEARS AGO~

"Come on Jenny, we're going to be late!!!"" You shouted as you run, behind you were two boys wearing the uniform with the colours of Gryffindor, another girl wearing her Hufflepuff uniform and one last male, this one wearing Slythering's uniform. All of you were fourth years and despite your different houses, you all were a very close group of friends.

"I'm not as fast as you (Name)!!! William, some help please!!!" Jenny shouted at one of the Gryffindor boys, the individual had fiery red hair, they were a deep and strong shade of red, his eyes were light brown that somehow gave him a mellow look, he was muscular since he trained daily, he was a Quidditch player who despite his appearance and house was quite smart. He looked at Jenny, she was trying her best to keep her books together as she run, William slowed down taking half of them and then sped up. All of you managed to reach in time and you thanked the heavens for that. Jenny sat next to the Slytherin boy, Xavier while William and his roomate Daniel sat together leaving you sit next to another Slytherin boy. 

He was tall, with jet black hair and dark eyes. He stood proudly and his face was blank, he didn't bother looking at your direction and you rolled your eyes, hoping you didn't sit next to another diva. As the lesson began you would occasionally answer to the proffessor when he asked the class something, there were some times where the male next to you would speak and it made you understand he was a smart kid. The fact that you belonged in Ravenclaw didn't make you look down on the rest, in fact you were a curious soul and enjoyed the company of others. The boy next to you, apparently was named Tom however seemed attached to solitude, he spoke with no one, he looked at no one... it was as if the rest of the world held no interest to him.

"Now class, you'll work with the person sitting next to you on this project so please try and work as a team, okay?" The proffessor spoke, seconds later class was dismissed, you looked at Jenny, Xavier, William and Daniel... they were going to work with someone they liked, you on the other hand...

"Meet me in the library in twenty minutes." A voice called out to you calmly, you looked towards the boy named Tom and you saw him staring at you. There was something about those eyes that gave you an eerie feeling but you decided not to push your luck.

"Alright, by the way I am (Name) (Last Name). Since we'll be working together we should at least know each others name." You introduced yourself and he nodded.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle." He replied before standing up and leaving. Was he rude, snobbish or socially awkard? Or was he all three? You'd have no choice but to find out.

"What an odd person." You commented when Jenny came next to you.

"You really are lucky (Name). Working with Tom." She mumbled and you noticed a small blush on her face, Jenny liked this guy?

"You know him?" You asked and she looked at you suprised.

"You don't? I mean... you usually know everyone and everything."

"Yeah but... I've never seen him around. And I'm not all that interested in social hierarcy or popularity...you know me."

"Well, as you can tell he is in Slytherin, his name is Tom Riddle and he is one of the most handsome boys in school." She explained and her mood dropped, you knew why. Jenny lacked confidence, she was a bit chubby, with long and curly blonde hair, her eyes were sky blue and she had the most adorable freckles you had ever seen. She was like a cuddly teddy bear and you sometimes enjoyed hugging her with no good reason. 

"Hey, it's not like I'm a goddess either... besides boyfriends are far too cliches. Any good man I know of, belongs in books too. Is that unfair or what?" You joked and she chuckled. The two of you moved ahead, the boys were talking about quidditch tactics and you had no interest in it. As you walked you felt a few girls glaring at you while some students began whispering and looking at you mockingly... wonderfull, apparently Tom Riddle had either a lot of fans or a lot of enemies around here. You shrugged and Jenny looked at you worried.

"(Name)?"

"You still think I'm lucky to be that guy's partner? Anyway... I need to go meet him in the library, you can wait for the boys." You told her and Jenny nodded, she returned to the classroom while you walked the halls until you reached the library, you found Tom writting something... it didn't look like a notebook... more like a diary. You cleared your throat and got his attention, he looked at you for a moment before closing the diary.

"Have a seat, (Last Name)." He offered and you blinked, you weren't used at the formal tone he had.

"Just (Name) is fine." You sighed and sat next to him.

"Very well, (Name). Let's begin, already." He answered and you frowned. This guy was a mystery and if you had to bet, someone you didn't want to mess with.