Chapter 79: Not a tragedy.

Things were getting tense, Alexander's identity as the son of the dark lord had been revealed and many students were now staying away from him. The one responsible was pretty obvious, keeping secrets was the only thing he couldn't do... and so, he revealed everything he knew about your past with the dark lord, including the fact that you had been raped and thus stayed pregnant twice, trying to make you look like the villain that actually had control over everything and everyone, even the dark lord. 

However, there were many who didn't believe him, the knowledge that he sold his own childhood friends and had another sent to Azkaban for a crime he did not commit was more than enough to mark him as the filthy, worthless and cowardly liar that he was.

Now though, his words had made a lot of people feel sorry for you, see you as the victim of a fate worse than death. Fun fact, had it been a few months ago, you'd agree with them... now you just couldn't really see it that way. Sure, you had gone through a lot... but in the end you did fall in love with Tom.  What bothered you, was that people were now seeing Alexander as a monster... even those that knew how much you loved your son, were now calling him a monster and a burden.

Alexander was dealing with it better than expected, there were some that were awed by the fact that such a powerfull and famous wizard was his father... others saw him as a monster, saying that since he was born from a monster, it was only natural for him to be one as well. Alexander... he actually defended his father, saying that he had not been influenced by the stuck up ideals of some purebloods but also, that he someone who some wizards wanted him to be. 

It was true, in a way... neither Alexander nor you could deny it. There were so many witches and wizards that focused on blood purity that it was impossible, at least for a person with Tom's past, not to get influenced, especially when knowing that his ancestor was Salazar Slytherin, a man that had also focused on blood purity.

"I can't believe they are so stuck up!" Hermione said and Harry sighed. He was now receiving notes and was told that they were on his side, saying that it was unfair for him to be friends with a monster like Alexander. Harry had told all of them off, stating that he knew from the very beginning who Alexander's father was and that he didn't mind. Hermione, Ron, Luna, Genie, Jane, Cedric and even Draco were defending Alexander, proclaiming their friendship and going as far as to demand that people respect it.

"I swear, your father has caused trouble without even knowing it." Ron sighed and Alexander smiled sadly.

"It's not his fault. Not even he can really control public opinion... at least people aren't trying to take the Ministers side." He explained and Harry looked at him.

"Didn't you say that your dad took over?"

"Yeah... but there are some good news regarding that." Alexander insisted, his eyes filled joy.

"What is it?" Jane asked.

"He is searching for a way to destroy Dementors."

"Is that even possible?" Ron asked and Alexander nodded.

"There is... but it is quite cruel. The only way for a Dementor to die... is to let them starve. These creatures need human souls to feed, my father believes that by letting them starve, they will also die."

"That's only a possibility." Hermione argued and Alexander nodded.

"True. But I said that he is still searching. As things are now, he is hunting the Dementors down and is trapping them so that he may begin with his experiment."

"He really is cruel." Ron commented and Jane looked at him annoyed.

"At least what he's doing is really going to help so many people. The criminals in Azkaban are truly horrible but that doesn't mean they should be forced into something so cruel." She argued and Alexander nodded, what he hadn't told them was that Dementors would be allowed to torment Pettigrew and Umbridge before someone from the Death Eaters, killed them.

"Speaking of helping. I heard that toad was taken from the ministry, did your father do that?" Harry asked and Alexander smiled.

"Yep." 

"Make it two good actions in a day." Jane laughed and they all left for class... without knowing that Severus had just given up his position as headmaster of the school. He had no intention of keeping a position that wasn't meant for him from the very beginning... and there was no way he'd really allow the dark lord to take control over Hogwarts. 

Meanwhile, Fenfir dragged Umbridge towards Hogwarts, there they came across you. Umbridge had fainted for the third time already but Fenfir didn't plan on being nice to her from the start, so dragging her around like a rag was what she deserved.

"I have to wonder if she's still alive." You mumbled and Fenfir smiled wickedly.

"She's alive for now... not thanks to that crazy wench though." He replied and you took a good look at every scar, wound and bruise Umbridge had... and you felt no sympathy for that woman. You weren't the sadistic lunatic that Bellatrix was, nor a calculative and heartless woman... but after knowing what Dolores was truly like, even you couldn't find a reason to care about her. 

"Well, everyone is good at something. Bellatrix is no different." You commented and Fenfir laughed.

"True... still, the full moon will be in a few more days... I'll be the one to end that frog's life." 

"I'd rather see her rot in a prison cell. Death is too good for her, considering all the trouble she has caused." You growled and Fenfir seemed to think about it.

"Sounds interesting... those snobs back there will definetely agree." 

"Then, sorry to ask this of you, Fenfir. But could you take her back? Find a cell and throw her in there. Wasting time on her is the same as talking to a rock." 

"Your tongue's sharp." He chuckled and you smirked.

"Not sharped that your fangs or claws. That much I can guarantee." You teased and he burst out laughing. 

"That's why I enjoy being around you. You're definetely better than most of the wizards I've met." 

"Well, you did take the side of the man who sees purebloods as superior to all those around him." You replied and he rolled his eyes.

"Meh, it's not that bad." 

After a few more minutes of chat, you gave Fenfir something to eat before he left with Dolores. You had more important things to worry about... such as defending your children, all of them from a world that was now seeing them as a mistake. You refused to let them suffer because of something they had no control of... the sooner you made people realize that picking a fight with your children was picking a fight with you, the sooner they'd realize that your anger was as terryfying as that of Voldemort's. And making both of you angry would certainely, lead to disaster.