Chapter 28:Three are neat.

As the years passed, you were happy to see your friends getting married and create their own families, you all stayed close and gathered at least three times a week. During that time Alexander, Harry and Neville also began to develop their own personalities and interests. 

You had expanded your house in the human world where you would spent summer while returning to the wizarding world during winter when you took a vacation from your job as a professor. Much to your relief, Alexander was a very kind hearted boy, he was usually calm and collected but when a happy event occured, he was always the happiest person around. Harry was a curious soul, with a kind heart and a noble spirit... he endured most of the Dursleys cruel treatment but thanks to William, he had a friend and someone to defend him when things got tough. 

The Dursleys attempted to kick William out but to no avail, their son Dudley had demanded that he had a similar dog but his parents didn't grant him that wish which led to a lot of screaming and Dudley trying to have William as his pet... and William being William, he bit the chubby little nightmare as a declairation of loyalty to Harry. You would occasionally pay them a visit with Kathrine and Alexander and would always bring gifts for Harry, each more expensive than the last. You gave him clothes that complimented him and the newest toys while giving the Dursleys an earfull and humiliating them at any given chance. You were their own personal nightmare and you enjoyed to the fullest.

Harry and Neville never met each other, since one of them came during the winter and the other during summer, both however got along with Alexander who would sometimes go outside in small field trips with them and explore. Neville was especially happy when he had discovered that Kathrine was his godmother, he might have seen her more like an older sister but he still doted on her a lot. And you clearly held a special place in his heart as you looked after him and even covered for him when he broke something.

One thing no one knew though, was that after Lily's and Jame's death... Sirius came to your house in the human world. He told you everything about what had happened that night, as you had suspected Peter was the one behind all that and now he was hiding somewhere to escape the concequences of his actions. Two days later Sirius found and confronted him leading to a horrible tragedy... a few moments before Sirius went to trial he told you what happened, that Peter had caused that horrible explosion that costed the lives of so many innocent people and then that he cut off his finger before escaping as a way to put the entire blame on Sirius. 

"I can't say I'll search for him Sirius, Pettigrew is smart..."

"I will get out of Azkaban (Name)... and I swear that I will kill him! He betrayed us all, you as well!!!"

"Me? How?"

"He told Voldemort your whereabouts, that's how he knew where to find you... Pettigrew kept a close eye on you for that reason alone." He explained and you frowned, well that shouldn't have been much of a shock. Yet you forgave Peter for telling Voldemort your location for one reason alone, your son. If Pettigrew hadn't told him then Alexander wouldn't even be an idea.

"Get out of Azkaban Sirius, I'll watch over Harry... get out and find that rat."

"I will, I swear on Jame's and Lily's grave that I will!!!" He shouted before he was taken away.

Ever since then you had been in the look out for Pettigrew but never found him. At times you'd get suspicious of any rat that came anywhere near Harry or you but after looking at their feet you'd dismiss the idea reminding to yourself that Peter had lost a finger.  

When Alexander received his Hogwarts letter he was overjoyed and terrified at the same time. He had discovered that he could talk to snakes, well not exactly, more like understanding what they were saying and speaking Parseltongue in what he claimed to be a "poorly performed" attempt, it was also then that you had told him everything about his father, the impression Alexander had wasn't good at all and so he wished to at any dorm except for Slytherin. 

When Neville received his letter he contacted you immediately and told you how excited he was, he and Alexander spent hours talking about how awesome their school year would be... however you didn't receive news from Harry and that made you worry, was it possible that the Dursley's had something to do with this? When you visited them the last time things were normal... well, kinda. After a while you decided to visit them only to realize they were gone... you growled and decided to go after them, however Dumbledore had told you that he had sent his friend, Hagrid to get Harry and confront the Dursleys. Therefore you returned to Hogwarts where you came across Severus Snape... he was as moody as always, although sometimes when you mentioned Lily he would look away.

"Mother... what if I end up in Slytherin?" Alexander asked, stopping your train of thoughts. You looked at him with a warm smile before kissing his forehead.

"Then we'll have a very adorable and sweet little serpant. Besides, being in Slytherin doesn't mean you're evil." You assured and he looked down.

"But my father went to Slytherin."

"You're not your father Alexander, I don't want you to compare yourself with him. Promise me that you'll never do it again, please." You begged as you held his face in your hands and made him look into your eyes.

"I promise." He mumbled, a few minutes later you noticed two new figures approaching... you smiled as you saw Harry and Hagrid finally here. When Harry saw you he ran up to you and gave you a big hug which you returned.

"I'm so glad you could make it." You whispered, he looked up to you and chuckled.

"When Hagrid told me you were a witch too I was really happy."

"I am not only a witch but a professor as well, so we'll be seeing each other much more often from now on." You revealed and he cheered happily, then his eyes fell on Alexander and the two began chatting while you went to Dumbledore's office. When you saw him, he was clearly in a good mood, which in turn made you relax. When you turned to your left you saw William, in his human form.

"Does Harry know about this?" You asked and pointed at your friend.

"Yep. He was shocked at first but he got over it. The only ones who are still in the dark are the Dursleys." He replied with a bright smile, after that you hugged your friend and gave him a warm smile.

"I'm glad that you're back."

"I'm glad I am in human form, fleas are a nightmare... not to mention having other dogs sniffing my butt. It's all so weird!" He exclaimed and you both laughed before returning your gazes to Dumbledore.

"(Name), we should get going. The ceremony will begin soon." He stated and you nodded, the three of you got out. Perhaps now things would finally become peacefull for you as well.