Chapter 83: Roles of power.

When Tom eventually showed up to see Delphini, his expression was stoic, showing no sign of affection for her. Bellatrix seemed disappointed and was seriously thinking about giving the baby up for adoption, her original goal had been to earn some sort of approval by the dark lord for keeping her bloodline pure and strong. But her plan had backfired completely and now she was left wondering what to do with the baby. She could raise her daughter and make it a loyal follower of the dark lord... but she knew that Delphini would never be worth more than Alexander, the triplets and you in the dark lord's heart.

"Master... I..."

"You are lucky that (Name) wants to keep the baby alive. As such, she will be raised as my daughter and receive the repsect she deserves."

At those words Bellatrix was surprised and annoyed. She hated that her child would survive just because you said so, she couldn't stand the fact that the dark lord cared only if it was  about you and what you said or did! But... if her daughter could become a great witch, someone worthy of her father's mercy... surely, you would be lowered in the dark lord's mind.

"Thank you for your mercy, my lord."

"Let me make something clear Bella. Should Delphini EVER decide to turn against any of my children or (Name), both you and her will die."

Tom's tone was cold, harsh and clearly filled with disgust and determination. He turned around, ready to leave when Alexander entered the room. Tom was surprised that his son would come to see Bellatrix... or rather, his half sister. 

Alexander looked at Delhini for a moment, she was so small and seemed so fragile... he felt like protecting her as much as the triplets... sure she was his half sister but she was his family, no matter what people said. He looked over to Bellatrix, she was smilling her usual insane smile filled with sick adoration.... he decided to ignore her reaction and asked in a mild tone.

"Can I hold her?"

Tom felt like hexing Bellatrix, why was his first born, his eldest son, asking permission from that woman?! Considering how Bellatrix fell pregnant, the last thing Alexander should show to her, is respect!!! And yet, his kind nature and the manners you had taught him, led to this. Tom was a bit happy however, seeing that his son was calm and seemed willing to try getting along with his unwanted daughter.

"Of course, young master! You can do as you wish, my lord!" 

Alexander nodded and gently picked Delphini up... the baby moved a bit but didn't cry, Alexander smiled gently, she was cute and he was certain that she'd be a beauty when she'd grow older. 

"Hey there, little sis. Nice to meet you." He whispered in a loving manner, making both Bellatrix and Tom smile gently, Alexander was usually gentle, calm and welcoming and that tended to make many situations much more bearable. A trait that had been taken from you and evolved into something beautiful.

He began singing to her, making the adults in the room marvel at his caring and loving attitude towards Delphini. They both agreed on the spot, that Alexander was the best older brother Delphini could ever ask for.

Meanwhile, the teachers in Hogwarts had been pressuring you to take Dumbledore's place. They knew that your morals and your character were more than enough to make you worthy of that position. Your magic skills were also remarkable and many students trusted you, your personality had made them confide a lot of their fears and secrets to you as well as asking for your advice and making decisions based on your words. 

Harry had gathered all of his friends and had told them about this situation. Not long after, the entire school was pleading for you to be headmistress. Which made you all the more hesitant, being headmistress was going to be hard... especially because you'd definetely have to be in contact with the ministry, the last thing you wanted was to deal with someone as stupid and incapable as Fudge had been, again. And should someone like Dolores Umbridge ever appear you were sure you'd kill them on the spot and spare everyone from going through the same nonsense all over again.

"(Name), you are the best choice, teachers and students trust you and they want you to be there to guide them." Kathrine insisted and you rolled your eyes.

"I am not a born leader! I never wanted to be headmistress, I only wanted to be a teacher, I never had the desire to be something greater than that!" 

"Because you didn't want the responsibility?" She asked and you looked at her annoyed, was she seriously taking about responsibilities to you?

"Kathrine, I am someone who is standing in the middle of a war. There are people who want my children dead and people who think I'll start a campaign against non purebloods. Giving me such a position will cause a lot of problems!"

"Your soon to be husband has made sure this won't happen!"

"God dammit! Why are you pressuring me so much?!"

"Because what will happen if a minster of magic is like Fudge or worse and decides to place someone just as bad in such a position? Hogwarts will become a war zone again!" 

You couldn't deny that she made a valid point... but god, you were scared of just taking a position of such power... it wasn't something easy or relatable. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Kathrine went to open the door,  revealing Nymphadora and Remus with bright smiles.

"If you're here to tell me to become headmistress, I'm off to my bedroom." You warned and they both chuckled.

"That too but we also wanted to tell you something else." Nymphadora admitted and you raised an eyebrow. You led them to living room and all of you sat down. You brought out tea and refreshments and then decided to began this conversation.

"Well Tonks, I'm listening." You urged and she came forward.

"So you know that I'm pregnant, right?" She asked and you looked over at Kathrine surprised. She and Sirius had been the ones mostly involved in the matter with Remus and Nymphadora. And she hadn't exactly told you everything, as one might guess from your reaction.

"First time hearing it... but I'll get over the shock. Probably." You confessed and they nodded with a smile.

"We want you to be the child's godmother."

"Uhh... bad idea." You stated and they seemed confused.

"Why?" Remus asked and you took a deep breath.

"I am going to marry the dark lord... and well, Remus... I think you can already see my point."

"I already know that." He revealed and your eyes grew wide.

"Am I the only one that is not aware of what is going on around me?!" You exclaimed and they all bursted out laughing.

"Don't worry sister, Remus and Tom aren't the best of friends but they can stand each other... besides, he's helping me with Sirius as well." Kathrine assured and you deciced that you really needed a nice long trip to some foreign country because at this point, you'd forget even your own name!

"Yeah... okay then, I'll be the godmother... and I'll think over about the whole headmistress thing... so I want no more lectures, now I'll bring some new tea since that one has probably gone cold, Tonks you'll drink apple juice and I'm hearing no complaints." You ordered and they all nodded happily. 

Who said pestering someone every single moment for an entire week regarding one matter won't make them agree eventually? 

That had been their plan all along and it had worked perfectely.