Chapter 36: Plans and Plots.

For the past three weeks you had been exchanging letters with your sister and Sirius who was using his old nickname "padfoot" to try and avoid trouble as best as he could. 

The public had been on high alert as they searched for the so called "murderer" as well as the first person to ever escape Azkaban. There was chaos everywhere and everyone suspected everyone... which, truthfully, was to be expected. 

As for you... you had bought some rat poison and placed mousetraps all over the castle hoping the Ron Weasley's rat would get caught and hopefully die. Sirius planned to come and visit you in Hogwarts in the form of a dog, you were glad that he was an animagus or you'd have to think more about how to get him in. 

Kathrine would accompany him and act as if he was her pet, she even went so far as to create fake documents where Sirius would appear to had been Kathrine's pet dog for three years. You knew it'd work since Dumbledore had lost touch with your sister for a total of seven years. To top it all up you had even arranged Harry to come into contact with Sirius in his dog form and try to bond the two of them in some way. 

Unfortunately Harry already thought of Sirius as a killer and you knew changing his mind wouldn't be easy. Alexander also knew about Sirius from you in the past and he himself was already plotting to get "Scabbers" away from Ron and offer him as a snack to his pet snake Cleo, a female king cobra who was surprisingly tender to him and you, Alexander practised parseltongue with her and she had come to understand who she could trust and who not, which resulting in her nearly killing Draco and his friends when they tried to hurt Alexander while she was present. 

What no one knew was that the one who allowed the snake in the castle in the first place was Narcissa Malfoy. She did so to please Lucius, who had been sour for failing to track down his lord, something he knew would cause problems if he didn't do something about it.

"I cannot believe that this traitor is someone I will have to obey in the future." Draco complained as he looked over at Alexander and Jane. The two of them were playing with Cleo and Jane's pet cat, Oscar.... at least that's what it looked like.

"So... when the time comes Oscar will scare Scabbers, lead him over to Cleo and then..."

"He's going to be her lunch." Alexander mumbled.

"You're sure your mom is going to be okay with that? I mean, you told me that he wrote to her that he wanted to be the one to do it."

"I know but mom is already risking a lot.... if I can take some of her worries away... it'll be fine."

"Hey... looks like someone needs to take away some of your worries as well. What's troubling you?" Jane asked and Alexander sighed, it was not easy to forget what the lunatics his father had under his control expected of him, how they were sure he was going to be the next leader of the Death Eaters. The more he argued, the more people pointed out the similarities between him and his father, which only made him feel so much worse.

"It's about my dad...."

"That better not involve what Draco said to you two days ago. About you becoming the next dark lord and lead the Death Eaters."

"What if it's true? What if I truly do end up like that?" 

"I would beat some sense into you and remind you how you assisted in your father's second defeat to protect the boy who is responsible for his first defeat."

"Thanks Jane... now about the route that rat is bound to follow...."

Meanwhile Kathrine had just arrived in Hogwarts with Sirius and the two entered without anyone questioning them. They knew who she was and they had been informed of her "pet". Kathrine looked over at the black dog next to her and smirked... things were going to get interesting. Once she entered, she immediately saw you and rushed to hug you, Sirius behind her barked happily and came closer, you lowered yourself and opened your arms and hugged him.

"Welcome back, my friend." You whispered and he left a few whimpers as a response. The three of you entered and as you walked you saw Hermione and Jane with their cats. The two felines seemed interested in Sirius and came closer while you spoke with one of your most brilliant students. Sirius, Crookshanks and Oscar moved behind you three as you and Hermione did a review on the last twenty two chapters she had studied on her own.

"I must say Hermione you've become the ideal witch, brains and beauty... why isn't the male population of this school at your feet yet?"

"They call me annoying and stuck up."

"Ignore them. I was called that in the past as well and now I'm better than I ever... I can assure you, their words mean nothing when you compare them to your accomplishments." You assured with a proud smile and Hermione chuckled, you were one of the professors she had grown close to for she saw a lot of what she considered an ideal witch in you and vice versa. Suddenly Ron, Harry and Alexander walked to you with Ron holding Scabbers tightly to his chest.

"I'm telling you Alexander, your snake's looking for a snack."

"You have a pet rat, she's bound to go after him even if I tell her not to touch him."

"Well, I heard we have a lot of rats here these days so she might mistaken him for one of them... you should keep him in your room Ron." Harry advised and looked at Scabbers, you wanted to take that filthy traitor and kill him and seeing Sirius who was growling loudly at the rat you knew he wanted to do the same. But now, was not the time.

"Kathrine take your dog and go to my office. Jane, Hermione... you should also take your cute little furballs and move along as well, we've had quite the animal parade today." You stated calmly and Kathrine was able to get Sirius out before he blew his cover. Alexander noticed the dog, you and Kathrine and put two and two together.

"You know what... I think I should keep Cleo in my room instead. At least Scabbers doesn't have venom in him." Alexander joked and Ron nodded, Harry petted Cleo before the three of them moved ahead, Alexander looked at you as they passed by and smiled, you returned the smile and knew that this rat wouldn't escape from you all, not without a miracle.