Chapter 84: Unfortunate mistakes.

Tom smiled as Rodolphus tried to accept the order he was given by the dark lord. It was anything but easy, that much was clear.

"But my lord... why do you want her dead?"

"That woman was loyal... but her attempts to get my attention are annoying. And she is no longer of any use to me. Therefor, Rodolphus I order to kill Bellatrix and bring her corpse to me as proof of your loyalty."

"Yes... my lord."

"Ah! But do spare the child, if she's anything like her mother, her loyalty to me can be usefull." He noted and Rodolphus nodded, not sure what to think of the orders he had received.

As the man left, Tom decided to prepare a good excuse for his future actions, once Bellatrix was gone, Rodolphus would also die to avoid any possible blackmail in the future.

When Alexander arrived to see Delphini, he thought of sparing Bellatrix... but the knowledge that she managed to fool him once made his blood boil, those days that he spent with you discussing the fate of that woman made him try his best to show mercy... after all it was you, who wanted it to be that way. But he couldn't do it, the idea that he made love to another woman made him feel disgust, both for the woman and himself. Now that you were finally his, now that his love had been accepted... he refused to allow Bellatrix to continue living after that nonsense she pulled. 

There was a knock on the door and Tom gave permission to enter, it was Lucius and he seemed... worried.

"My lord, I've come to tell you that Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks asked your partner to be the godmother of their child, she has agreed to it..."

"Then why did you come here looking so pitiful?"

"It's about Bellatrix, should she learn of this, she will definetely try killing that family of three."

"You don't have to worry about that, I'll personally see that none of your worries comes true. Anyway, I want you to go and ensure that Alexander and your son will not be around for a while, take them somewhere for a while, a small trip perhaps."

"May I ask why?"

"I have my own plans, my son is strong but also kind. He will not be fine if he's around to see what is to follow. That should be enough for you to know what to do."

"Yes, my lord." 

"Also, I want Rabastan Lestrange dead. And you are going to do it, Lucius."

"But sire, has he not been loyal?"

"Are you questioning me, Lucius? If so, your son can do it."

At those words Lucius paled and accepted the task, he had to wonder if Rabastan had done something in favor of Bellatrix and thus had pissed the dark lord... he couldn't however, risk having his son do something like murder.

What Lucius didn't know was that Tom had no intention of sending Draco over for the mission. Those three loyal supporters of his were now nothing more than pawns that had be destroyed because their repeated failures had made what little patience he had snap.

Tom watched Lucius leave and decided to also kill another member of his followers, Barty Crouch Junior... he had recently sent him to kill Igor Karkaroff, a traitor that deserved death and Barty had been more than happy to kill for the sake of Voldemort. The problem was that he had failed repeatedly and so, he was no longer usefull.

Meanwhile, news spread that you had accepted the position of headmistress of Hogwarts. The entire school was thrilled with the news and they celebrated. Cedric and Harry had been the first to come and congratulate you, Harry cared for Dumbledore and during his funeral he had cried a lot along with you and many more, Fudge had tried to come but you gave him a warning that if you saw him, he would end in the nurse's office. No one from the ministry would be allowed attend, considering the trouble they caused. Percy Weasley had asked for forgiveness from you and even asked for help, he wanted to try and make up with his family.

"So... you actually meant what you just said, headmistress?" Fred asked and you chuckled.

"Your shop is something truly marvelous, as such, I want to have you use some of your tricks when new students arrive and on other formal occasions. I am sure it'd make the students feel better and you can freely show off your new products. What do you think?"

The twins had been left speechless, your idea was crazy... AND THEY LOVED IT! They easily agreed that a headmistress like you was what every school needed. Not only had you helped them finish their studies after they left, the tests you gave them had been graded by ministry officials and the twins passed without any arguments. That pleased their parents and them since they had been a little sad to leave Hogwarts like that.

"Uhh... DUH!" George exclaimed and you chuckled.

"Of course we agree!" 

"Wonderfull, then I'll be looking forward to what you have in mind for the banquet they want to host about me becoming headmistress... it's going to be extremely tiring for me and so I will need your help."

"You can count on us! After you helped us build a second store, you can ask for anything from us." Fred replied and you smiled, these two had been acting like puppies, every time they'd visit you and the triplets they'd stay until all three of the triplets played with one of the items they brought. It was very amusing, heck, they had even asked you to bring Tom to their shop. It was a scene that you couldn't imagine, if you had to be honest.

Speaking of, Tom was obsessed with preserving your beauty, he had heard people say that you'd look like a rag once you were around your fourties and fifties when he was a student in Hogwarts..., which had led him to do a ton of research and since the day you reunited in the Chamber of Secrets, he'd use spells to preserve your beauty and health. 

Your current appearance made you look as if you had just become twenty seven years old and at times even a bit younger. He had kept some of his horcruxes but the majority of his soul had returned to him, it was proof of how much you meant to him, he had retrieved these fragments of his soul right in front of you. 

When you returned home, your sister told you that Lucius wanted to take Draco and Alexander to a mansion they owned in the countryside, something about getting some distance between the whole drama you had all been facing all this time. You weren't sure at first but Kathrine insisted that it would be a good idea, Alexander deserved a chance to relax after everything that happened. In the end she managed to convince you and when Tom returned he also agreed with your sister, that made you write a letter to Lucius telling him that he and the boys could leave when he felt ready.

You didn't notice Tom's victorious grin, once the boys left, Rodolphus would kill Bellatrix, Lucius would invite Rabastan in the mansion and kill him too... and Fenfir was tasked with killing Barty Crouch Junior.... his plan was already in action and no one would stop him from correcting those unfortunate mistakes.