Chapter 75: No one plays fair.

You stared at Bellatrix hatefully, you simply couldn't believe she had the nerve to come and demand to talk to you, as if you two were the same, her insanity must had been more severe than you originally believed, hopefully the child she had in her would be nothing like her.

"Get out."

"Or what? You'd hex me? Both of us know that you're far too soft hearted to attack a pregnant woman."

"You're not a woman."

"And what am I?"

"I'm not going to argue with you. Get out before I use either the Imperius curse or the Cruciatus curse on you." 

"Not the death curse? How pathetic."

"You're one to talk. At least I didn't have to pretend to be someone else to get a man."

"Don't flatter yourself! Had you not been a pureblood witch, the dark lord wouldn't have spared a glance on you!"

"Oh really? Then why hasn't he fallen for you?"

"That's because... because..."

"Look, you don't like me and I don't like you, to say the least. I try my best to stay the hell away from you, so do the same with me. The less we see each other, the better for the both of us."

"The dark lord is changing because of you!"

"If he wants to change, then he will change."

"Listen, I came here to warn you."

"Ha ha ha ha! Warn me?" 

"Now that the young lord, Alexander is old enough... I plan on getting close to him, teach him of the things that actually matter and stop those nonsensical ideas you've placed in his head."

"You will stay away from my son or else you'll exactly what I am capable of. Hurting me is one thing but if you lay a finger on my children, I swear I will create a new curse to torture you, far worse than the already existing one! Now leave!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice on me you-"

"Imperio!" You shouted as you brought out your wand. Bellatrix wasn't fast enough to avoid it and got hit with it. On that second, Severus entered the room. His usual, emotionless and stoic expression on as he looked at the scene before him.

"I wish I could say that I'm suprised but honestly, nothing can surprise me anymore." He stated calmly and looked over at Bellatrix.

"Go back to the dark lord and ask him to undo the curse I used on you." You ordered sternly and she vanished in thin air, leaving you two alone.

"I admit, it was impressive. Getting a good hit on that woman is remarkable."

"Trying to stay calm while talking to her is an even greater one!" 

"That's what you get for attracting the most dangerous man ever known."

"I never meant to do it, you know that well enough."

"That's not why I came here though."

"Then why?"

"I want you to go search for Potter." 

"What happened to Harry?!" You asked as panic started to take over.

"Nothing yet, however that boy has a tendency to attract trouble. He needs someone to babysit him every minute of every day, much like his father."

"James was indeed quite... impulsive." 

"He was more than impulsive, we can both agree at least on that."

"Severus, let's not talk about the past. It's unpleasant for the both of us."

"Indeed... now then, I shall be leaving." He replied and left your office. As he closed the door, you left a heavy sigh. Things weren't going well, Tom had agreed to spare Draco Malfoy but was determined to kill Dumbledore. You had to find a way to cure the headmaster and stop Tom from provoking Harry, he surely knew that killing someone so important would cause a far greater problem.

"This is getting out of hand, I must think of something." You sighed and stood up, you left your office and began walking around the corridors looking for Harry.  Suddenly, you stopped and began wondering... Severus told you that you had to look for Harry because there could be trouble, he didn't tell you where Harry was or any other piece of information... and even though contacting you didn't seem suspicious... there was something that seemed fishy. 

It took you a minute to understand what exactly was going on, you took a deep breath and began running off towards Dumbledore's office. You had been told that the vow between Narcissa and Severus had been undone thanks to Alexander and Tom combining their knowledge and power... but no one ever told you that Severus had agreed not to kill Dumbledore! When you entered the office, there was no one there... you called out but received no reply. Just as you thought of that... you heard screams from outside, there was running and you were positive that there was absoloute chaos. Coming out, you saw Hermione and stopped her, asking what happened.

"It's Snape! He has let Death Eaters into the school!" She revealed and you wanted to hit yourself as hard as you could, so much for being a Ravenclaw! You hadn't even suspected a thing until it was too late!!! You began thinking, trying to figure where the two could have gone, Dumbledore wouldn't fight... you were sure of that, he was already dying so to him, there was no difference since the result would be the same.

"Up there!!!" A voice screamed and you looked over at the person pointing at the sky. Looking up, you felt like everything had gone into slow motion, your eyes followed as a familiar form kept falling down, until it crashed down on the floor, covered in blood... your eyes began to water, your breath became unstable... and then you began screaming.

"The headmaster is dead!!!" A student shouted in fear as you fell on the floor, unable to accept nor completely understand what had happened. It was too much, the pain was far too much... the knowledge that you had failed before you had even began was also there... the feeling of being useless... it hurt, it was so very painfull that you wondered if that was a greater pain than the Cruciatus curse. The more you looked at the man before you, the more you couldn't believe or accept it.

"MOM!!!" A familiar voice called out, you turned and saw Alexander running over to you. When he got there he looked ahead, the pure shock and horror on his face soon became rage.

"Alexander..." 

"Was it Snape?!" He asked as he looked back at you, you saw tears run down his face... it was to be expected, he too treasured Dumbledore a lot... but then a new thought appeared in your mind.

"Where's Harry?" You whispered and Alexander looked at you for a moment before he began running. 

Meanwhile, one of the Death Eaters had sent word to Voldemort and had told him everything that he had seen, including yours and Alexander's reaction. He was clearly unhappy with it, yet he didn't say that what he had done was a mistake but heck, it felt like one. 

"In time, they'll understand that it was for the best." He murmured and then looked over at Bellatrix, the curse you had casted had been undone as you wanted... but Bellatrix was heavily punished, he humiliated her in public, mocked her for allowing her niece to fall in love and have a child with a werewolf and made her feel horrible for being a complete and utter lunatic, going as far as saying that if his child turned out to be anything like Bellatrix, he'd kill it with his own hands. 

She had been so heartbroken that she collapsed on the floor and cried out until she received new orders, she'd go and retrieve one of his Horcruxes so that he may take back part of his soul. He knew that as long as one horcux existed, he could still be immortal... and so, undoing one or two wouldn't be a problem, he would put the items back where he had hid them, to ensure that those that would go after them wouldn't suspect a thing. 

"I won't fail, my lord."

"I hope so, you've already been quite the disappointment... if you fail again, you might as well end your life." He growled and she nodded before leaving him alone. He sat down, trying to recall one of the happiest moment of his life. The moment where Alexander actually called him "father".