Chapter 60: Sticky situations Pt.1

Ever since Dolores Umbridge came to school, you had been receiving countless letters by students who kept on saying how annoying that woman was and how much they despised her. 

You didn't know why they were turning to you but you knew one thing, she was indeed insufferable. 

On a more pleasant note, Alexander had become rather popular because of how much his good looks had improved, his inteligence also assisted him and his usually sweet and welcoming personality made him all the more charming. As a mother you were both proud and worried, your son was growing up and was becoming a wonderfull man but you knew that when you'd have to leave due to your pregnancy... no one would really be able to stop Umbridge and her sick idea that Alexander, would help gain all the power she ever dreamt of. The mere thought of that made you so cold, so hatefull and disrespectfull that this woman would be pale and act like a sick old lady at the mere knowledge you were in the same room as her.

Thus it was safe to say that woman was officially scared of you, she would avoid conflict at any cost and when she heard that you had openely threatened Cornilius who immediately told her not to go too far... you proved that she would never really have the power she desperately craved,no matter what tricks she tried.

 Aside from that Narcissa Malfoy had used her husband's connections to ensure that even the Death Eaters would hate that woman to the point of wanting her dead, the rumour of her being into young boys made many pureblood families turn against the ministry, proclaiming that a woman such as her was the last person that should have been allowed to enter the school, some even suggesting bringing Remus Lupin back.

"I'm telling you, if your mother keeps it up that woman will soon be a goner." Ron mumbled and Alexander chuckled. He, Ron and Harry had just left your class and were happily chatting.

"I hope so, maybe then I can actually confess to the girl I like." He stated and both boys looked at him shocked.

"You have your eyes set on someone?" Harry asked and Alexander nodded.

"Who?" Ron asked in a low tone and Alexander smirked.

"Luna Lovegood." He confessed and Ron's jaw dropped.

"Seriously?! I hear that she's mad!"

"She's not mad, I assure you. If anything I think she's a very interesting girl and her ability to make every day special just by being herself only adds to her charm." Alexander objected with a warm smile. He and Luna had spoken quite a few times and she had made him laugh so many times, Alexander at times defended Luna and even went out of his way to get her shoes when students bullied her by stealing them or he'd snap at them when they insulted her behind her back, at that point he was only seeing her as a friend. Luna had also given him a sunflower necklace that he treasured, it was after some students had pried about his father and the fact that he never spoke about him, some even made suggestions that were truly nowhere near the truth about how horrible his father was, that things changed. Luna had managed to cheer him up and it was then that she became special to him. Jane had befriended Luna as well and she, Luna and Genie were one inseperable trio.

"Seems you've fallen hard." Harry commented and in that moment he saw Cho and Cedric hanging out together, the poor boy still wasn't over his crush for her... no matter how much he tried, he just kept thinking about her.

"Harry... have you told Cho anything about how you feel?" Alexander asked gently and Harry shook his head.

"No... I know that she and Cedric really like each other but..."

"I thank God and my cold blood that I've never experienced a feeling like that." A new voice chimed in, everyone turned and saw you standing there with a small smile. 

"What do you mean mother? Didn't you use to say you were in love with William?"

"Yes but he never really had a girlfriend for more than a week. And it was always clear that he never liked a single one of them. He just wanted to look cool." 

"And you?"

"People found me annoying and a snob, so they avoided me like the plague... well, except for my friends and your father." You confessed and Alexander frowned.

"I really don't know how I should feel about that." He murmured and you took his hands in yours.

"Happy, because I really can't imagine my life without you both, my precious boys." You replied and both Alexander and Harry hugged you tightly.

"By the way mom, aunt Kathrine's birthday are coming up. Are we going to celebrate?" Alexander asked and you nodded.

"Olga would scold me big time if I don't have even a small celebration arranged."

"How is she? I haven't seen her in a while."

"Running around with Kathrine and Sirius, cleaning after them, literally." You responded to Harry and all three chuckled. Suddenly you saw a quarrel between some Slytherin students, including Draco Malfoy. You left the trio and headed there, eyes cold and ready to hear their excuses.

"Oh please! Your daddy is as manly as a chicken!" One of the boys shouted and you were already guessing why Draco was upset.

"Is there a problem here?" You asked and when Draco saw you, he smiled.

"They have been insulting my family for weeks now, I had been patient and haven't said anything like you've told me professor but this is going too far." He complained and you looked at the boys.

"Is there a reason that you insult the Malfoy family? If it's just out of spite then I suggest you apologize at once." 

"Of course you'd take their side. You're just as bad as they are." One of the boys spat hatefully and you frowned.

"If I began insulting your families and kept ridiculing you, would you stand for it? Would you endure it? Pureblood or not, we all love those we consider family and will defend them from those who insult them. Correct?" You asked and they seemed to understand a few things.

"Professor (Name) is absoloutely right, children." A disgustingly sweet voice interrupted and you couldn't hide your disgust as you turned to face Umbridge.

"Professor, I assure you I have this under control, you may go." You responded coldy as all of the students came closer to you. The rumours making all of them know that only you, could protect them from that toad.

"But I-"

"You may go, professor Umbridge." You repeated more sternly and she obeyed clearly scared of picking a fight with you. Just as you thought you were done however, professor Trelawney came running to you and hugged you.

"(Name)... it's terrible!" She cried out and you hugged her back. 

"Sybill, what happened?" You asked and signaled at the students to leave.

"The ministry... they're kicking me out!" She sobbed and you were already heading for Umbridge, she'd be lucky if she escaped you with only a couple of scratches after that.

"Dolores!!!"