Chapter 11: Murder.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay here longer?" Xavier asked you, he knew what... or rather who was waiting for you back home. 

"Yeah... besides I want to see my little sister and Olga." You answered gently and he nodded, William and Daniel had already left, Jenny would escort you back and then go back to her home. 

"Look, if you want I can ask my parents to invite him here... to spend his holidays here and let you relax a bit." He offered and you wondered how was it possible that Xavier got to Slytherin, he was far too kind and thoughtfull... Hufflepuff would have been a better choice. 

"No, I made an agreement with Tom. Thanks anyway." You argued and gave him a hug before leaving. You met Jenny when you got outside and she was looking at a certain direction... scared? 

You increased your speed and when you got to her side, you looked at the direction she was. Your eyes widen in shock, Tom had been standing in a corner reading YOUR diary AGAIN! You had in the area behind your bed, it had plans but was also a door that led to a much smaller room you used as your closet and you'd at times hide your diary there... meaning that sneaky, arrogant little jerk went to your bedroom and took his time looking around and touching your stuff.

You left a small growl and approached him, you took your diary from his arms and glared at him. He gave you a slightly amused look before a cockly smile appeared.

"Good morning." He greeted and you took a deep breath... he was, by far, the most annoying and persistant person you knew. You placed your diary in a small bag you had and then answered him in a calm, stone cold tone.

"Good morning, what are you doing here?" You demanded to know, trying your best not to shout. It was working... for now.

"I came to pick you up." He replied as if that completely normal.

"No thanks, I'm with Jenny." You hissed and turned around, before you could leave however he grabbed your wrist and held you in place. 

"It's dangerous for two girls to be alone-"

"In broad daylight? Are you sure about that?" You argued and pointed at the blue sky, no clouds were visible and the sun was bright and warm. Not exactly the best scenery for a crime.

"Why don't you ask her to come by your place? I doubt she'll say no, given that she's already so worried about you and looks ready to scream for help."

"Perhaps because you are still holding me despite my clear wish to be released? Or maybe it's just the fact that you're creepy."

"That sharp tongue of yours is quite charming though I'd prefer you being silent for now." He mumbled leaning forward, with your free hand you brought your wand out, it's tip resting on Tom's throat within seconds. 

"Back off." You warned and he smiled.

"Now that's a tone that suits you." He purred and you felt disgusted, this guy was sick.

"Don't you have something better to do, besides ruining my day?" You asked with the same cold tone as before, Tom rolled his eyes and gave you an annoyed glare.

"You really are bad at reading the mood."

"I read the mood perfectly, there is tension in the air and I seriously want to use a hex on you right now... but I really have no interest in creating more trouble than the ones I already have." You growled, removing your wand from his throat and freeing yourself with a harsh pull. 

You turned around and went back to Jenny, she looked at you for a moment before hugging you. You knew she was the one that needed support despite not being the one that faced Tom.

"(Name)... want to come over for a short while?" She asked weakly, you smiled and tighted a bit.

"Yes... I'd really like that." You agreed and she chuckled, the two of you then slowly moved away leaving Tom behind.

Xavier had seen everything from one of the many windows of his house and even though he hadn't heard anything it was clear to him that Tom Riddle was going to far. He wondered if he should tell the others about it... he wasn't an excellent wizard like Tom nor was he as brave or smart like the rest of his friends... Jenny was too kind and he didn't like the fact that Tom was scaring her... still he felt that he was too useless to do something... that was until an idea popped into his mind, he went downstairs and when he saw the mansion's house elf he got closer.

"Young master... is something wrong?" It asked in a weak, raspy voice and he shook his head.

"I want you to contact one of my father's old friends... he has a son around my age, tell him to bring him here... I have a request for him." Xavier ordered and the elf left to do as told. He then decided to send a letter to William and Daniel.... they had to be with Jenny and (Name), Tom might go after them and cause more trouble for them all.

Meanwhile as one might suspect Tom had been following both you and Jenny, his wounded pride not allowing him to accept your rejection. 

However he was cut short when he saw his newest target walking around the streets, he gave you one last look before a smile formed on his face. His original plan now offering more than one reward now.

 ~A FEW DAYS LATER~

 You were sitting on the fireplace doing your homework, Tom had joined you and was studying as well. Neither of you talking, neither of you even looking at each other.

Ever since the encounter you two had in front of Xavier's mansion things had been weird, Tom would eye you up and down... sometimes his gaze would be stuck on your face for hours but even when you snapped at him he'd never say a word. Today was just luck that he kept his creepy tendencies at bay.

Something was weird... well, more weird than before.

Suddenly your mother came in, looking horrified... you stood up and went to her side, she sat on one of the chairs and looked at you before bursting into tears.

"Mother what's wrong?" You asked and Tom also got closer, he was clearly curious about what had caused your mother such grief.

"Hepzibah Smith is dead." She whispered and your eyes widen in shock. Tom's eyes twiched a bit before he spoke.

"Who did it? Do we have any clues about the culprint?" He asked and you were suprised at his sudden interest.

"It was her house elf." Your mother murmured, you frowned at that. A house elf attacking and killing it's own mistress?

"That's insane!" Tom claimed and for once you agreed with him.

"The elf admitted it." Your mother replied.

"That's very unfortunate." Tom mumbled... he seemed a bit discouraged before he took his things and went to his room. You remained and comforted your mother after you gave one last glace to Tom to ensure he was leaving. 

What neither you nor your mother saw, was his victorious grin as he went up the stairs.