Chapter 76: Father and son at last.

While Bellatrix was trying to talk to you, Alexander and Tom had been working on spells to undo an unbreakable vow, they had studied the words between Severus and Narcissa... Alexander had tried his best in searching for ingredients that if mixed could be used to undo a spell... in the end, they created a new spell, one that was powerfull enough to undo the vow, however the one who casted the spell would feel incredible pain, like their skin was being ripped off and their organs squeezed, cutting the air supply for a short while. Also that spell demanded not one but three wizards to be performed, Tom had ordered Lucius to assist and the three of them barely made it.

"For one spell to be this powerfull." Lucius whispered and Alexander chuckled.

"It's fine... go back home and see if miss Narcissa is really free from her oath. "

Lucius nodded, Tom whispered something in his ear before sending him off. He left the room silently and once the door was closed Tom looked at his son.

"We make a good team."

"Looks like it." He mumbled, Tom however could tell that there was something else that Alexander wanted to say.

"Is something wrong?"

"Thanks... for helping me." He replied and looked away, it was embarrassing but Alexander was actually happy that his father was willing to change his plans for his sake.

"Did you really think that I'd say no? Even if we do argue over matters like this, you are still my son." Tom sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder, Alexander looked at his father... even though they were identical, Tom had a darkness in his gaze that seemed to only grow, there was obsession hidden behind his calm and somewhat warm smile. But Alexander couldn't deny that he was now seeing the man before him more like a parent than ever before.

"I know... it's just weird for me. The first we met, well, you didn't leave a good impression." He admitted, referring to their first meeting when Alexander took Tom's diary from you.

~ FLASHBACK: THE NIGHT ALEXANDER SLEPT WITH THE DIARY NEXT TO HIS BED~

Alexander felt something calling out to him, in his dream he was brought to a classroom in Hogwarts, he didn't recognize anyone until he saw a boy, the resemblence shocked him... however when he heard a familiar voice he turned to see you and your friends enter the class. He began putting the pieces together, if you were a student, then that meant that this might be the first meeting you and his father had.

"Oh no... then that means..." 

Alexander watched as you sat next to the person that he was identical to. However the scene changed quickly, he saw you talk about a project with his father, then when he sneaked to the female dormitory of Ravenclaw, when he first came to your house and how his obsession escalated... he even witnessed the moment you got kidnapped for the first time.

"Who are you?" A voice demanded to know and Alexander turned around, coming face to face with a teenage Tom Riddle.

"We look exactly the same, I think you can put the pieces together." He growled and Tom's eyes widen.

"It can't be..." 

"It's the truth. I am the child you forced upon my mother." He revealed with a bitter tone and Tom smiled.

"No wonder you were able to enter my memories without my permission."

"You didn't want me to see all that?" Alexander asked confused, he certainely didn't want to see his mother suffer... but if his father hadn't showed these memories willingly then how did that happen?

"No, although I guess you can now see, that I've been trying to get your mother to love me for a very long time. And you're proof of that effort."

"I am the result of something my mother didn't want nor wished for."

"I think she'd argue with you. Just like you were able to see my thoughts, I can now see yours. And it looks like she loves you more than anything else."

"I'm lucky she's a good person."

"Indeed, she's a wonderfull person. She was both a beauty and a genius.... just thinking about her..."

"Don't you dare! If I can see your memories then the last thing I want, is to see the night I was conceived!"

"Isn't a bit too early for you to know that?"

"I didn't want to... but I was curious about how someone can force a baby to another person. And I didn't like what I learnt."

"Clearly, I mean, I did experience something similar." Tom admitted and Alexander frowned, he was told of his father's past when he received his letter from Hogwarts. 

"Listen, I don't know you, I can't say that I like you..."

"You're my son, we'll get to know each other." 

"I'm fine without creating a relationshop with you, thank you very much."

"I wouldn't count on it, you'll probably need me more than you realize." He warned and Alexander didn't like that his father was actually an arrogant brat. However ,his dream ended when Tom gave him a hug and said that they'd talk tomorrow again.

~ END OF THE FLASHBACK~

"I suppose I could have handled our first meeting better." Tom chuckled with a small smirk.

"Our second meeting was what determined the course of our lives... simply because I entered your thoughts unintetionally again... and I did see my mother getting raped."

"I apologized for that, didn't I?"

"An apology alone can't heal what I saw that night." 

"Then what can?"

"Just forget it... recalling that scene only makes me feel worse." 

"I never wanted you to hate me, same goes for your mother." 

"Too bad, things don't always work the way we want them. At least you've managed to earn some of her love after all this nightmare came to pass." He growled and Tom frowned.

"What about you?" 

"Me? I.... I don't know." 

"Do I still seem like a monster to you?"

"In all honesty... not so much anymore." He replied and Tom smiled.

"It's good to know, thank you Alexander." He replied, his tone warm, gentle... it was so unlike him that Alexander was caught of guard, he turned around and went near the door, he stopped and looked at Tom again... if you were willing to try and accept the man that hurt you so badly... perhaps he could too.

"I'll see you later... father." Alexander muttered and with that he left the room, leaving Tom looking at the door shocked and overjoyed... his son had finally called him father... if that wasn't a reason to celebrate then he didn't know what was!

"I'll see you soon too... my son."