Chapter 70: Time for a change.

After you left the hospital and returned home, things had only gotten more complicated, the new minister of magic was requesting not only your help but also Harry's in order to defeat Voldemort, he was a capable man, you could tell as much but, the fact that Umbridge was still working there made the idea of supporting the ministry... distant and unpleasant. Politics had always been a part of life, muggles and wizards weren't really all that different after all. At least in that aspect. 

"I swear, it's gotten more hectic now that the dark lord made a public appearance." Kathrine whined, you nodded and looked outside the window, things were so complicated... it was tough choosing one side anymore.

"I wish I knew what to do, supporting the ministry would be nice as long as that toad gets thrown into Azkaban or worse."

"She really is a horrible woman."

"Not only that but there are actually rumours that she's using charms to make herself younger."

"Don't tell me she's still targeting Alexander?!"

"I don't know, I haven't heard anything regarding that topic... but I am not convinced that sorry excuse of a dinosaur has given up."

"Looks like Alexander has a lot more admirers, yesterday I discovered a few love notes for him."

"How did you enter Slytherin's dormitory? Severus would have definetely thrown you out."

"I sneaked in, obviously."

"That's not any better, you should realize that." You scolded and you noticed something moving outside. It was Tom... and he seemed happy. You frowned but went to the door and opened, letting him come in, these visits had become regular, he would come and play with the triplets, ask about Alexander and see if you were fine. Your defenses had been lowered but you weren't really okay with him just waltzing around like he owned this place.

"Hello, my dearest."

"If you keep coming around Bellatrix might take action against me... and I don't want to leave orphans behind me."

"She wouldn't dare approach when she knows the fate that awaits her."

"She has your baby."

"I couldn't care less about it. Your children are the only ones that I will also call mine."

"That baby has done nothing to you... if anything I am relieved that she at least has something else to care about other than killing people."

"Her bloodlust is quite unique, still she wouldn't dare hurt my children and if you really do care about the baby she will give birth to, I'd be more than happy to offer it to you."

"Tom! This isn't something simple! Even she wouldn't let you just take her baby away from her!"

"I don't care about what Bellatrix wants, I care about what you want."

"I never thought you were the romantic type, dark lord." Kathrine's voice echoed as she spoke from the living room, she stood up and walked up to you both, her expression blank and frozen.

"Nice to see you, Kathrine."

"Lady Kathrine, if you don't mind. Our relationship is far from good." She replied and you sighed, as one could clearly guess, Kathrine wasn't exactly a fan of Voldemort's, like the majority of your friends and allies. 

"Enough arguing, Tom the triplets are still asleep."

"That's okay, I also came to see you."

"Don't try the prince charming act with me. We both know each other well enough."

"Why is it so hard to believe that I have a gentle side?"

"Have we ever seen it before?" Kathrine asked and Tom looked at you sadly.

"You have seen it, I've showed it many times to you. So why can't you just accept me? I am the most powerfull wizard that ever lived, I have even cheated death... what more do you need to see in order to believe me?"

"Don't tell me you did these for me, we both know that even if you didn't know me you would have done it anyway." 

"I could have done much worse... but it is exactly because I met you that even I didn't do so."

"What more could you have possibly done? You killed and split your soul, you tortured and killed people, you lied and manipulated those around you... Tom you've done so many things to hurt others...I can't believe you expect me to overlook all of this!" 

"(Name).... I...."

"Please, I don't want to talk about it.... come on, we'll wake the children up. I'm sure they want to see you as well, they are always eager to be around you anyway." You interrupted in a mild tone, Tom knew that things didn't change much, his eldest son despised him, the love of his life was being distant and didn't trust him... but his younger children were so accepting and loving... all three seemed willing to give him all their love... at least he had that.

The two of you entered your bedroom where the triplets were sleeping, their cradles weren't to their liking apparently and they prefered your bed more. Tom smiled warmly at the sight, it was so sweet and homey.

"They are a sight to behold."

"Indeed." You agreed, Tom noticed the warmth in your tone and turned to look at you, you were so calm and relaxed... your smile was brighter than the sun, the moon and the stars combined... the more he looked at you the more he wondered how could one person be so perfect.

His hands wrapped around your waist and pulled you closer to him, you looked at him surprised... and to your shock, Tom was blushing, he was looking with such intense adoration... you couldn't even think of looking away. He slowly leaned down, as if asking for your permission before his lips met yours... and for the first time in your life, you willingly gave in. 

His mouth melted with yours as one of his hands cradled your skull, he gently bit your lower lip and you opened your mouth allowing him entrance, much to his surprise. As the kiss got deeper your hands wrapped around his neck and then mingling with his hair. The passion between you two was getting out of control... but you couldn't, no, you didn't want to stop.

When you heard a small whine, however, you both stopped, a string of saliva connected your mouths and both of you were blushing. You didn't know why or how but you felt that this wasn't as bad as you once believed... Tom had always believed that deep down, in some dark, forgotten corner of your heart there was love for him... and he was right.

And without knowing this love was only going to grow stronger after years of suppression, finally it was time for a change. 

The change he had craved since the moment he met you all those years ago.