Chapter 85: Bellatrix.

Tom had decided to bring Delphini to your house, hoping that you'd find the baby repulsive and let him end her, seeing as she was the product of a facade.

However to his bad luck, the triplets saw Delphini first and they instantly took a liking to her, especially Cassiopeia. Charles and Gregory would poke at her cheeks and touch Delphini's hands, smilling happily when she reacted, while Cassiopeia would pull a blanket over her baby half sister, to ensure that she was warm, not to mention doing any activity close to Delphini's crib to watch over her. Even at this age, they were trying to show they were adults even though they weren't even four yet. They could say a few words, walk around the house, though not very well, yet they seemed to love the baby more than you or Tom.

You weren't sure how they grew to love Delphini so fast but, you wouldn't destroy something your children cared for. You sighed and took Delphini in your arms, you weren't her biological mother... when you decided to become a motherly figure for Neville and Harry, you knew that their parents had been good people, that they fought for what was good... but Bellatrix was a monster... a monster obsessed with a man who would never love her.

"So? Are we going to keep her here?" Tom asked. He planned to send Delphini to an orphanage or to some wizard family to raise her, if you decided that she would not stay here.

"Alexander and the triplets love her, I would never rip something they view as precious from them. I can try to take care of her, to understand her... but I don't know if I'll ever be able to truly love her."

"Then there is no point in having her here." 

"Tom, she's an innocent baby... her mother deserves a fate worse than death, I will not deny that. But Delphini has done nothing to prove that she's as bad as her mother."

"Very well, I can see that I won't be able to change your mind."  He sighed and wrapped his arms around you. Looking down to the triplets, Tom's mind couldn't help but travel over the three idiots he had sent to kill each other. 

He stayed with you for a while before leaving for the headquarters of the Death Eaters, that being the ministry of magic. Tom planned to have someone you trusted as the next minister... he was well aware that as things were right now, he wouldn't be voted for minister even if he threatened everyone, which would definetely make his hard earned relationship with you, break as if it was some cheap glass.

Once he was certain that no one was around, he managed to contact Lucius and demand a report, both regarding his mission and about Alexander's well being.

"My lord, Bellatrix killed her husband and Barty Crouch junior, she's currently after her brother in law. Things are not going as planned."

"Why was I sure that those idiots would fail as always?" He mumbled annoyed, he looked outside the window and decided to just order Bellatrix to commit suicide after she had killed Rabastan. She would surely do it, if he played the role he unwillingly had to take.

"My lord, what should I do now?" 

"You should make yourself usefull and make sure that my son hears none of this. Also, make sure to contact me if Bellatrix appears anywhere near your house."

"As you wish, my lord."

"Now, about the most important matter regarding my call. How is my son?|

"He and Draco are enjoying themselves, they do have small competitions in small matters, such as their knowledge and their magic abilities. Aside from that, they are having a good time."

"Good, make sure he remains happy, you can at least do that much, correct?"

"Yes, my lord."

And with that Tom ended their conversation, moving to leave he came to a stop when he saw Bellatrix, dragging the corpses of her husband, her brother in law and Barty Crouch Junior. She kneeled and presented herself and the three out of the four people he wanted dead. 

"My lord... I... I..."

"Do you know why Rodolphus came after you, Bella?"

"I... I do. And... I want to make a request..."

Tom frowned, he was about to tell her off... but decided not to, after all she had been one of his most loyal followers, one who wouldn't question him about anything. 

"Very well then, tell me, what is that you want?"

"I ask that it is your hand that ends my life... "

Tom's sighed, he suspected that she'd want something like that. After all, that stupid love triangle that had been created with you, him and Bellatrix had it's foundation in obsession. Tom decided that killing her, thus giving her exactly what she wanted, was out of the question. He wanted Bellatrix to suffer for tricking him, for daring to appear with that bastard child before him.

"No, Bellatrix. You will not die... but you will never, ever appear before me, your daughter or any other member of my family again. You will go to the furthest corner of the world and live there forever, away from me and everything that is mine. Never, contact me again, never think of coming back here again. And never, ever consider talking to your daughter for any of this, do you understand me?"

Bellatrix looked at him with wide eyes, the fact that he was sending her into exile, that he was kicking her out... that was the worst thing that could happen to her. She knew she'd be unable to bear it.

"Master... I'm sorry... I... I never... I never wanted you to be angry at me... I..."

"I don't need to hear your pathetic words. When you decided to turn into (Name) and trick me, you had sealed your fate." 

"But... master, I can prove myself usefull... please, don't throw me away!" She cried out, her eyes red as tears appeared. She was being pathetic but she didn't care... she wanted to be close to her master and serve him.

"You say you can prove yourself usefull? How?"

"I swear, before you, to never show myself before you and your family... I will become a shadow that will guard your children... I will protect them every minute of every day... and I will die trying to protect them from harm..."

Tom hummed, it wasn't a bad idea, you and him wouldn't always be able to be around the kids, no matter how much family time you spent together. Tom wondered, if she was indeed that usefull... Lucius was an idiot, he couldn't even protect himself. Fenfir was also out of the question, Severus would probably make his kids angry....that left her as a potential bodyguard.

"Only, if you can convince (Name) to accept your little deal. If not, you'll leave immediately, do you understand?" He asked and Bellatrix gulped and nodded. She hated the idea of kissing up to you... but now, she would even lick the floor if that would make you agree to her offer.

"Yes, my lord."