Chapter 14 -

At the Dining Table: (Y/N)'s POV

The boys looked worried. The platters of food were covered. The rain came down, smashing onto the window. The scent of basil and vanilla dominated the air. I was wearing a most comfortable dress. I enjoye the fabric. Finally, someone decided to speak.

"I... haven't seen father in a while.... will we be able... t-to speak to him, or is he only here to retrieve the girl...?" It was Azusa, he was the first to speak. His voice was low, deep, and ominous.

Ruki responded, "that I do not know. This woman has nothing to do with Adam's Apple nor the existence of us. She is only a lover of one of the aristocrats."

"You mean, Subaru?" I questioned why they called him, and his brothers, aristocrats. It is true, but it sounds like some form of mockery, or spite, when they say it.

"Well, who do you think we're talking about? He's ki a the only aristocrat, I'm guessing. He's a big bad wolf, it only makes sense that you isolated from everyone when it comes to guys like him!" Kou opened his mouth too much.

Nobody's POV

(Y/N) felt personally attacked, "he's gentle with me. The whole reason he doesn't let me speak to his brothers is because they would kill me instantaneously. Him and Yui were the only two who voted for my life. He wanted me to live... Subaru kept me alive until now and you HEATHENS are acting like he is some animal!" The four  Mukami boys fell silent.

       A shadow illuminated the room behind (Y/N). She looked to side as a cold hand collapsed onto her shoulder. A man, with white hair, towered over her. Her eyes widened. (Y/N) did not recognize the man but she thought that he looked eerily familiar to somebody she had known before.

      "Young lady," the man spoke, "is that the correct way to treat your hosts? They mad this splendid dinner and you are utterly ungrateful with it. I'll forgive you. You must be tired, is all," the man was calm in saying it. He subtly hinted towards threats. His skin was like porcelain, his eyes were an amber gold.

"Father!" Shouted Ruki, "my apologies for this woman. You should have never heard any of that. I'll see to it that I discipline her after our dinner. It won't happen again, I swear," Ruki praised the man. He stood up from his chair, the chair flew back behind him when he did. Ruki seemed worried about his own reputation than of (Y/N)'s own wellbeing.

"No need, son. I'll take care of her. I had you collect her so that I could take her back with me, is all. This young lady is very special to me in an indirect way. I can't have you hurting her. You do understand, don't you?" The man explained to Ruki. He appeared to be concerned. his hand was raised to his chin and his eyes were doughy. Th man was a master of deception.

"Yes, I understand," Ruki spat out, he did not know what to say. Ruki's respect for this man was so great that he bowed down to him. Ruki closed his eyes. "When shall you be taking her?" He kneeled down.

"If you all have finished with your supper, then I shall take my leave with the maiden. I am sorry, but I can't afford to stay any longer. There are many things on my agenda," the man explained. His hand tightened on (Y/N)'s shoulder. The man looked down at (Y/N), "so, shall we take our leave?"

      "Where would we be going?" She took a temp back, though she was not able break from his grip. (Y/N) attempted to pry his fingers off of her shoulder, but she was took weak.

      "Stop playing games," the man said in a playfully ironic tone. "We shan't miss a moment... If you ever want to see your lover again, I suggest that you come with m as soon as possible," the man was once again hovering over (Y/N). She didn't know what to do, so she curled her arms to her chest and nuzzles her head in the pits of her elbows.

      "Lil' Red riding hood," purred Kou, "just go, don't try and fight it. You'll regret it, I just know that you will." The wind hollered. Screaming could be heard slightly due to the trees swaying back and force. The rain pelted the window like no tomorrow. Flooding was relentless.

      The young girl looked at the man, then at the brothers, then back at the man. "I'll go," she whispered under her breath. Her hair covered her eyes. She was afraid. She did not want to admit it.

      "That's a good girl," the man patted (Y/N) on her back. "Now, young lady, follow me..." The man's voice traveled into silence. The walls turned black, objects disappeared and the darkness transformed into dust. The brothers disappeared as well. (Y/N) was alone with the man in the chaos of the deteriorating world. What a sight it was to see!