03. BITTEN PEACH

BITTEN
PEACH

DAISY PETALS BLEW in the wind as raesun walked to school, a gentle touch of the sun gracing her skin and rustling her yellow skater skirt. she held a book under one arm and a bitten peach in her other hand, licking at the sweet juices upon her glossy lips to relish in the taste even more. as she bit through the succulent flesh of the fruit, she turned her head to gaze at the boy beside her.

the stranger: a galaxy of acrylic stains, cigarette smoke, and beach tranquility. a honey boy, with a sweet nectar hidden by a cold demeanour. but raesun had the beautiful record of his laughter on repeat in her mind, smiling at the memories of the ocean's pearlescent tears and the sun's caress.

he looked down, since he was a lot taller than the shy girl, with a dark brow raised, "so... i heard you're one of the posh gals, huh?"

raesun, grapefruit tint to her cheeks and sugar lining her smile, shrugged, "i don't know, i just like to look nice."

she felt a sudden haze of sweet warmth from his dragged stare, his eyes landing on her ironed blouse tucked into her skirt, to the white knee socks at equal lengths. even her low heals were polished to upmost perfection, gleaming an innocent sparkle in the sunshine.

he took in a deep breath, stuffing either hand into his skinny jean pockets, "yeah... you do look nice," with a smile to reveal pearly whites, raesun blushed harder at his next words, "you look really nice."

"t–thank you," she mumbled, biting into the fruit within her grasp again. as she did so, she admired the ink scrawled upon his toned arms, taking in the small details of each dark intricate piece, "i uhh... i like your tattoos, by the way."

something inside her ached to reach out and trace the flowers on his forearm or the patterns on his knuckles but knew it would be wrong, much like eve with the forbidden fruit — it was shameful but ever so tempting.

he grinned at that, "you're one of the very many to say that," he held open the door for her, the two making their way down the corridors that buzzed with students' conversation, "which one's your favourite?"

"i really like the dove," she motioned to his upper arm, the delicate bird just peeking out from his white t–shirt sleeve, "it's very pretty."

"like you, then?" that was the sentence that caused a starburst within her blooming heart.

almost choking on the mouthful of fruit, raesun recovered from the words he said with smooth confidence, "c–could you please tell me your name? i need to know who's trying so hard to make me feel beautiful," she hopefully asked, peach forgotten and an empty art class awaiting them.

he smiled, tucking a curl behind her pierced ear; she melted in his soft wispy touch, "jeon jeongguk."