27. BREAKING POINT

BREAKING
POINT

                         RAESUN WAVED GOODBYE to the sullen boy sat in his truck, a cigarette pinched between his fingers and tear–stains still haunting his cheeks. she momentarily sighed looking at the boy before frowning when he drove off through the humid summer day, smoke trailing after him along with his nirvana playlist.

the boy had broke the night they properly shared together. seeing him cry until his slumber and wake with bloodshot irises, normally enticed with mischief and beautiful mystery, tore her apart. it was a new side to jeongguk that she knew she'd be seeing more of in the future; a dark future she couldn't help but dread to endure.

quickly, she stepped inside of her home, leaning against the door in caution of making too much noise. her father walked into the entrance while rolling up his shirt sleeves, and by the look on his face, raesun could tell already there was an argument on it's way.

"now, raesun," he started, "i think in some aspects you can be an intelligent girl, so don't you dare even lie to me," after both sleeves were up to his forearms, he looked right into his daughter's eyes, "where were you last night?"

raesun gulped, but stood straight and gripped her bag's handle tight, "a–a friend's, father. you won't know h–her family, they haven't lived in town long..."

the older male scoffed at that, shaking his head, "i'm a respected man in this town. i know the ins and outs, what will happen and what won't. i'm also intelligent, young lady."

"i beg to differ," raesun muttered under her breath, not meaning for him to hear — yet he had in fact caught on to the lingering words, a pregnant silence as he glared at her.

"what have i done for you, you stupid girl?!" his feet carried him until he was right in front of her. she looked down at the marble floor in fear of meeting his infuriated stare, "i gave you the best chances you could have in life: money, clothes, school, friendships. i've made this all happen for you and your goddamn brother, and what have you both done in return?! thrown it right back in my face for some druggie little boys!"

raesun's head shot up at that — so he knew? he knew what namjoon had done before, knew about jin and the others? she was always under the impression that his brother went away to college, studying business just as father had demanded of him.

was that a lie? where even was namjoon?

"father i—"

he punched her, gripping her cardigan to keep her upright. raesun cried out at the harsh blow, blood rushing to her face and tears on the brink of her waterline.

"time after time, bitch, time after fucking time i heard rumours of you and that wretched lad!" spit from his seething mouth landed on her rosy cheeks, his sobbing daughter folding in on herself like wet paper on a rainy day, right in his hold, "bet you've been the right little whore, huh? gave up all your so called goods at once because of how stupid and small–minded you are!"

she screamed as he repeated his actions, knowing full well there'll be violet tainted bruises in the morning. her mother, unknown to the situation, walked in with heels clipping on the floor and adjusting her white formal dress — she seemed unbothered to her husband's raised fist and daughter's tears.

"that cardigan cost me a fortune, dear, please don't grip it like that," raesun stared at her own mother in disbelief, eyes wild and searching for some sort of remorse in the woman's eyes, "what's happened? and do stop that awful screaming, raesun, the neighbours will be worried."

aren't you worried, mother? aren't you worried that, one day, your daughter will die by the hands of your beloved husband?

"our slut of a daughter," he practically threw her on the floor, straightening his tie as if it was a casual thing to do, "has been with that pest of a boy again."

raesun whimpered, holding a shaking hand to her cheek in immense pain — her mother clutched at the pearls of her neck in somewhat shock, disgust immediately planted on her face, "really, girl? again?! even after our countless warnings?"

i can't stay here.

she was always one to ask questions, raesun was, so she put her inquisitive nature to use; chuckling, to her parents' surprise, she asked, "did you warn namjoon too? warn him to stay away from... from the bad boys?" raesun laughed hard at that.

this was her breaking point.

her father switched his face from bewildered to furious, ready to punch again, "have some manners—"

"manners?!" she screeched, slightly struggling to pick herself off the floor (like she had done many times before) in her silly kitten heels, "do manners really matter to you now?! manners, out of all the pathetic things you could think of?"

"i want her out," her mother hissed, "i want her out, love, i want that disgrace out of my house!"

raesun didn't care in the slightest.

she didn't care when the maids rushed to usher her right back out the door, when her father shoved her out the entry way, when her mother cried tears for her own attention.

she laughed, tired of being worn down and feeling subtle freedom already.