21. ROSE BEACHES

ROSE
BEACHES

"I HOPE YOU know that i really do care for you, rae," jeongguk whispered into salty beach air, swirling the sparkling wine in his glass and trying to observe the way sunshine glinted across the alcohol — but his eyes constantly landed on the pretty girl sat on the blue blanket, the colour of creamy sands and reflective ocean water creating a heavenly view in her hazel eyes. the wisps of hair framing her dainty face, the soft peony pigment of her lips, the constellation of scattered stardust upon her cheeks: she was artwork in its finest.

how did he, of all people, manage to behold such beauty?

she sighed, "deep down i know you do, i just don't like how sudden this all is," a hand motioned as she spoke, taken sips of wine in between, "i was sat here crying a month ago, and here i am now, drinking wine with a boy i used to think was nothing but trouble."

"i still am trouble," he chuckled, scratching the nape of his neck, "i suppose this is where i tell you my dark secrets?"

she giggled, the soft melody caressing his ears and rummaging around in his mind — he knew he's fallen too far for her when even her laugh made flowers bloom, "i'd like to know you more, guk, but if you don't feel comfortable you don't have to."

jeongguk sighed.

he wasn't all that comfortable with sharing his past, not in the slightest; one part of him begged for relief of that draining weight, to rid of the exhaustion the secrets carried. but, all hard as he tried to beckon the words forward, they refused to leave the barricade of his teeth. the doubt of comfort and her respect after the secrets were leaked stained his heart like watercolour, a deep indigo tone to plague the beating organ.

before he could say anything, raesun smiled. rose quartz embellished her teeth and glistened in sunset rays, rich emeralds in her eyes dazzling in admiration, "we can wait. i'm not going to be selfish and demand it. wait until it's the right time."

a brow of his lifted, "are you sure? it's not quite fair to keep it all hidden, is it? i mean, you were angry the other day," worry tugged at his once grinning lips, the doubt now clouding his vision, "i need to talk about it, to keep you happy. though i don't know if you'd want to even associate yourself with me after—"

she kissed him.

lotus flowers and dewfall burst between their lips, his cheeks inflamed along with her own. immediately, he softened all to embrace her azalea kiss, cupping her jaw as her mouth hesitated in new found shyness.

the season of summer erupted in their joint mouth, his taste intoxicating from fruit wine and assortments of berries. oceans belonging to rose beaches swarmed through her face as his opposite hand played with the hem of her polo shirt, sunny delight scorching her skin as his fingers brushed the flesh beneath the material.

as he pushed her down onto the blanket, wine spilled on sand and sunset poured on love–drunk teens, raesun felt herself falling for the honey boy even further.

this is pretty shit + short i know but im gonna try and make the next even better,,
please give me constructive criticism i feel like i've messed up the story in this chapter and idk why

thank you all so much,
love,
starr.