38. DEVASTATINGLY BEAUTIFUL

DEVASTATINGLY
BEAUTIFUL

IT WAS CHOAS. a fine line between reality and pretend blurred beyond comprehension; raesun collapsed onto the tire–marked concrete after the bullet lodged itself in her side, due to yoongi attempting to grab the gun from his sister but simply moving her shot. jeongguk caught her in a final embrace before her head could smack against the floor, pearls of complete and utter despair starting to escape from his eyes carrying lost hope.

"sweetheart, you're gonna b–be fine," he tried to smile, bless his heart, but the crimson pooling around the two lovers and death creeping up on her face said otherwise. a bloodied hand of hers cupped his jaw as one of his own carded through her hair, large daises falling from the locks to be drowned in carmine.

the white petals looked devastatingly beautiful against her blood.

raesun started to choke on her tears, "h–hurts," she smiled amidst her pain, her side in agony and soul starting to escape pale lips.

jeongguk shook his head, trying to convince her (mostly himself) that she would live, "n–no, you're going to be f–fine. totally fine. i swear, baby, y–you'll be—"

"jeongguk," she sighed, jaw clenched and breathing too heavy to be fine, "y–you need to... go..."

he did need to.

the two gang members had ran off when hearing sirens in the far distance; mijin knelt a mere few feet away; yoongi had disappeared with his betraying twin; jimin's cries were loud and thrived with regret; namjoon clutched his hair as jin rocked him back and forth whilst silently crying. hectic remorse flooded the race track as she slowly felt herself slipping away, jeongguk's grip seemingly the only thing holding her onto the earth she walked upon.

"don't leave me, baby, please don't leave me," he sobbed, tears landing on her blood–stained clothes.

"s–sc–scared..." she sobbed as she started to fall apart, shattering across the cosmos and her tears seemingly her last act of breathing.

she didn't want to die.

she didn't want to let go of a future, a future so mysterious and wonderful, a future of dewfall and cherry cola, a future of blossoming romance and more to come. as the tears fell from their eyes, time almost seemed to come to a stop, his sobs echoing in her numbed mind.

"please, oh my god, please stay with me," jeongguk pleaded, begged even, for her to grip onto the last strings of life dangling before her eyes, "jin, haven't you fucking called for help?! someone fucking do something—"

"we need to go," jin placed a hand on his shoulder, eyes darting about whilst red and blue lights reflected in those shiny orbs, "come on, they'll help her, but we need to go."

jeongguk shook his head, "fuck you, i'm not leaving her—"

"listen," jin grabbed hold of his shoulders, staring right through his cloudy eyes of despair, "there's help here, they can... they have the chance to possibly save her! but what good will any of us be when they throw us in jail? huh? she'll be safe, i promise, but we need to go!"

crestfallen, jeongguk wept into her shoulder, crumpled and torn from hearing her slowed heartbeat, "i can't j–just leave her—"

"for fuck's sake, jeongguk, we have to go!"

it all started to mesh together, like old films as they flicker and dissolve and burn, reminding her of memories she hated to remember. raesun selfishly held onto him, regretting her words before just to hold him one last time, before her last breath, before she saw nothing and everything.

yet, jin had dragged him away, all that distance as he fought back but failed as his weak form was tugged to his truck.

and whilst she closed her eyes, sounds of sirens and a lover's cries, she felt the last tear fall.

taehyung was right.

you'll get hurt.