23. TULIP GALAXIES

TULIP
GALAXIES

INTOXICATING FREEDOM DANCED in his eyes as he walked back into the garage, a stroll with casual demeanour and trouble laced into his boots. yoongi and jin had gone to the liquor store to get more alcohol, jimin only tagging along to not be the 'third wheel' — not that either jeongguk nor raesun had a problem with it.

"what's up?" he mumbled, settling next to her on the pink beanbag. amethysts collided with her cheekbones at the feel of his hand softly gripping her thigh, the tingle of skin on skin almost sent her dizzy along with the buzz of cheap beer in her scorching veins.

she cleared her throat in a meek attempt of keeping calm, "nothing just... thinking."

"penny for your thoughts?" his delicate smile pulled her to the edge, the tips of her ears tingling with eagerness to simply ask as to what made him become what he was now.

but she knew the concept of privacy, and perhaps she wasn't ready for the truth just yet.

"it's honestly nothing, a load of nonsense," she successfully covered her inner feelings as he just shrugged it off, cuddling into her and finding herself snuggled upon his lap.

it was silent, a quiet chirp of a far away bird from the garage door being slightly open and a comforting breeze skimming tipsy flesh. heat, holding hands with sensitive peonies, took over her cheeks all the while he breathed cigarette flowers into her neck, a sudden warmth washing over them.

"raesun?" he whispered, lips tantalising her skin.

she struggled to merely breathe as a teasing finger of his traced stars her thigh, "y–yes?"

"i know i'm a dick at times," he muttered whilst laying delicate kisses upon her neck, her body twisting into a straddling position, "not necessarily to you, but in general," kisses that were soft, for just a dragging moment, pressed deeper and raesun breathed heavier, his teeth grazing, "but i'm trying to be at least some sort of decent person."

"j–jeongguk..." she forgot the whole alphabet, sentences out the window and flushed into late day summer air. his hands gripped feverishly at her hips, his lips leaving violet watercolour in their path and trailing up to her own.

"i'm really trying. just for you. i swear," a shy hand of hers gripped his caramel locks, her lips parted like fresh rosebuds and his gracing the trembling flesh, "please don't give up on me. i'll make the pain and the frustration and the sacrifice worth it, i promise."

and with that, he kissed her, cherry delight swarmed with traces of cigarettes and beers. galaxies burst behind closed eyelids, tulips budding and stars burning an impossible shine. lovestruck, she sighed into the passionate kiss as he took the lead, tongue dancing with her own in their own routine, a constellation thriving on slick lips and panting breath.

she wanted nothing but him, forgetting the drugs, the alcohol, the crime. she wanted to live in his tulip galaxy of cigarette smoke and acrylic paint stains.

if only they could live in that peaceful moment forever.