37. REJECT'S REVENGE

REJECT'S
REVENGE

                         "WHERE THE FUCK is jeongguk?" hana frowned, peering around the track for signs of the honey boy. her hair snapped around her face even though it was a delicate breeze that day, the limp strands dull compared to her otherwise pretty face.

hana must have been beautiful before the rough path she chose. then she was buried in smudged makeup, unforgivable things, and a despicable attitude.

"he's not here," jin tried to make out the mentioned male wasn't at the race, but hana caught his bluff.

"we watched you all come in. i'm not stupid," hana snarled, "come out lover boy! before i find your prissy girlfriend and blow her brains out."

raesun squinted to the far right, to see jeongguk crouched beside a paled jimin, clutching the older male's bullet wound on his arm. her boyfriend clearly was contemplating his next moves, seeing the conflict upon his features.

"don't go over there," she whispered to herself — she knew she wasn't worth him dying.

to her dismay, jeongguk checked over jimin once more before standing up, making his way around abandoned vehicles to the group. hana grinned, the two men with her chuckling and playing with their guns, "there he is, everyone's favourite."

"leave hana, you've done enough already," jeongguk was treading carefully, as if hana was glass beneath his soles, "i'm sure you don't want to be caught by the cops—"

"shut the fuck up, it's my turn to talk," hana pointed at him with her pistol, the metal gleaming in the dying sunshine, "all you've done, the whole time i've known you, is play about with words and stupid things alike. now's my turn to play."

"this isn't checkers you dumb bitch, this is people's lives you're putting at stake because you can't handle the fact—"

"that you fucked my head up?" raesun was shocked to see the girl, who's aura was violent and destructive, tear up. she was crumbling, protective barriers broken down and shattered, "you hurt me, so... bad—"

jeongguk sighed, holding his hands out as if to take the gun, "i'm sorry, okay? i didn't mean for you to... catch feelings. that wasn't my goal. i was your friend, and you wanted to see into my world and i let you. i never meant for it to turn out like this."

"you led me on," hana's voice cracked; raesun almost felt for her, knowing their stories were quite closely linked.

will she turn out like her? hell bent on getting revenge with guns blazing and blood pouring?

"i never did, well i didn't mean to," jeongguk's fingertips were mere inches away from the firearm, "i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. but this isn't the answer; no one has to die."

and just when it seemed hana was going to give up, she retracted, cocking the gun and pointing it at his face — he didn't look alarmed, more so just surprised it took her so long to return back to her new personality, "sorry won't cut it. not anymore."

"hana, this is petty," yoongi shouted from behind jeongguk, "killing someone? for rejecting you? see sense for christ's sake!"

"this isn't you," namjoon spoke from besides jin, pausing from biting at the skin of his thumb, "have morals, have some decency to let us go."

hana frowned, "all of you against me huh? fuck being so called family."

raesun went to stand, just to be pulled back down by mijin, "you can't, rae—"

"i won't let him die," she hissed down at the girl, noticing several butterfly clips from her hair had disappeared.

so she ran.

and the gun went off.

teehee
(;