Big Ass Robots

Beep-beep, beep-beep.

My alam awoke me, I was in a daze of dreams. The feeling of heaviness and dread as my arm lent up and smacked the alarm. I usually take my anger out on the alarm in the mornings.

I then felt a smooth, wet tongue licking my face. I creeped open one eye to see a wet nose inches from my face.

"Hello there." I mumbled as I scratched my dog's, Molly, behind her ear. As my eye lid closed again, she suddenly jumped up and licked my face more; making sure it was extra slobbery.

"Alright... Alright..." I mumbled as I sat up and rubbed the slob off my face. "Time for breakfast..."

I prepared her breakfast as I lazily had a toothbrush in my mouth. I got dress and ready, hid my scars, then left the apartment.

I didn't eat breakfast. I manage toast at most if I was drunk the night before, crying at my life choices and questioning why I was still single and a virgin at 22. Besides, what's the point of eating something when you just going to eat later anyway?

I worked at a yard, while being an on-call vet. Animals are the only thing keeping me going. I had three horses: Genki, Daisy and Misty, and obviously my dog; my best friend.

Driving there was calming, the sunrise was therapeutic and relaxing as it shines on the country's crops. Music no was required.

I parked my broken-ass car and walked towards to office of the yard, to talk to the only person I socialise with.

"Hey" I mumbled in my morning voice as I stumbled into the room; looking like a single mother of depression.

"You high or something?" My friend, Clair, laughed, as she lent back on her chair.

"No... Hung over..." I muttered as I slumped into the chair in front of her.

"Ah, finally pop'd the cherry then?" She sniggered, eye brown raised as she wiggles the pen in her hand.

"What? No, bitch, don't get your hopes up." I sighed. "No, no, just drinking my feelings as usual."

"Well, you have no calls this morning." She said as she started to text someone on her phone.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yup. Go ride that hang over off." I chuckled as she looked up at me.

"Huh. Thanks." I said as I got up. I casually walked out the office and to the yard. My three were in the field.

I took Genki, the youngest of the three, in, groomed him and saddled him up. I mounted on and rode him out to the fields. I've never had the time to ride around near the river passed the fields; so I decided to ride towards there. We galloped through fields, Genki knew how to run.

"Fuck." I mumbled as I was a mile the wrong way. I was in a woods, a dense one. We kept walking on to see if there was a way to cut through the woods to the river, but my asshole of a horse had other plans.

I was suddenly reared off, shocked and pissed I looked up to see my horse galloping away; probably back to the yard. I cursed as few times as I got up and walk through the woods.

I was looking up at a tree branch, wondering what I would look like hanging there, when I heard the sound of metal banging and men groaning.

Jesus, is the orgy of the century going on here of something? I walked up through the thick thorn bushes and walked out to an opening. I saw something that would change the path of my future forever.

Robots. Big-ass Robots.

I looked out to see a mass of metal roughly smashing at each other. I couldn't see what was anything. My heart stopped, my lungs caved in, my body froze.