Forgive and forget

Optimus POV

I woke up with y/n not in bed with me. I check the time and it was 2:13am. Where was she at this time? I suddenly hear crying in the ensuite bathroom. I walked to the door and walked in.

My eye widened. I couldn't believe what I saw. Y/n was over the sink gritting her teeth in pain. She was cutting herself on her arm with a large knife. There was blood dripping everywhere. She looked like she was in so much pain. "Y/N!" I shouted in shock. She quickly turned and saw me.

"O-Optimus!" She said in surprise. She was still uncontrollably cutting herself. I snatched the knife away and threw it on the ground.

"You promised me you wouldn't do this! Why did you do this!?!" I said going on one knee and shaking her shoulders.

"I tried to stop! I really d-did but I couldn't. I tried.... I tried!" She started sobbing. What's was most sad is that she was telling the truth. I pulled her into a hug. She sobbed into my chest. "I didn't want to! I did't what to disappoint you! I had no control! Please, please believe me!"

"Shh.... I believe you...... it's ok...... I'm here...... we can work this out......" I cleaned her wounds and began to put a bandaged on it.

Y/N POV

I didn't mean to do this. I had no control of my body. It was like having a sleep paralysis. Optimus was putting a bandage on my arm. "You don't have to put a bandage on it. I will stop soon-"

"I'm deciding that your having a bandage" he said firmly. He put the bandage on and wiped my tears away. "We will sort this. From now on I am staying with you. I'm staying with every day and night and checking in on you when at work."

"You don't have to".

"Please. Your not in the right frame of mind to be alone".

"I was ok before I met you."

"And that led to this" he said lifting up my arm up with the bandage and stroked it gently.

"Ok" I said and I took a step came closer to him. He wrapped his arms around my protectively and kissed my forehead.

"What made you do this, this time?"

"I was punishing myself for starting drama with Arcee. If was wasn't so weak. You wouldn't of had to talked to her." Optimus was quite for a moment.

"Y/n I had to talk to her. It wasn't just because of you, she was causing stress to the team to." I went quiet. Looking down at the floor. "Let's go back to bed. Yeah?"

"Yeah" I whispered. Optimus gently took my other arm that wasn't cut and led me out the room and into the cozy bed. We got in and Optimus bundled me up in his arms. He rubbed my back with his hand and placed his foehead against mine.

"I love you so much. You are everything to me and it pains me to see you like this" I felt guilty again "but I will help you get through this. One day, you won't be in anymore pain. I promise you that".

"Optimus. You are the only reason I'm alive today. I love you so much it hurts. But in the best possible way." I snuggled deep into his chest. We were so close to eachover in this warm embrace.

That morning

I woke up with Optimus still with me. His eyes were were close and he was still asleep. He looked so peaceful.

His eyes slowly opened, looked at me and smiled. "Good morning, my love".

"Good morning" I said kissing his lips. "Are you going to have to go back to base soon?"