Looking after Optimus

This is quite a long chapter 😅 I had so many ideas so sorry if it's a bit TO long and if taken a while to publish!
___________________________

"So, What now?" I asked. Ratchet put Optimus on the medical berth and checked the screen.

"Optimus will now have to rest for a few weeks" said Ratchet "For the first few days, he will have to stay in his berth to get his body FULL rest" I heard a quiet sigh from Optimus, I looked at him sympathetically, I know he hates being useless. "It might help him if he stays in him holoform for the next few day."

"Wait how? I thought you going in your holoforms means you have to use more energy."

"No, when we change into are holoforms, are autoform body's somewhat shut down. Not completely though, it's like when you and I sleep, we can still feel and hear things. Our body's just don't take in what we are sensing. If Optimus was to use his holoform, his auto form will be shut down so, he can have as much rest possible." I pursed for a moment, taking it in.

"I guess it's up to Optimus" We looked at Optimus, he thought for a moment then nodded his head.

After running some last test, Ratchet helped Optimus to his quarters as I followed close behind. Ratchet laid Optimus on the berth and checked that he was in a comfortable position. "Now luckily, I found out a way for you to activate your holoform without transforming. So you body won't be in any discomfort during your long period shut down." Ratchet did some technical stuff to Optimus that I didn't understand "now try" He said. Optimus tried to activate his holoform.

It worked! Optimus' holoform appeared lying down next to his autform. Ratchet gently picked him up and laid him on my camp bed then looked at me. "I am trusting you with something" he said seriously "I am trusting you to look after him while he's in his holoform for me. Will you do that?"

"Why, of course I will. Don't worry Ratch, I got him covered" I said while sitting next to him.

"Very well. Make sure he doesn't get out of berth for more than 10 minutes and that he stands no longer that 2 minutes, for now, but by 2-3 days time, longer periods will be allowed. And make sure he eats, Okay?"

"Okay" I said. Ratchet left the room as I turned and looked at Optimus. He opened his eyes and smiled at me, I cupped his face and smiled back lovingly. "I'm looking after you now" I kissed his forehead.

"Thank.... you..... I-" he said. He had more strength to talk now.

"Shh..... I know. Get some rest now. I want you back in shape as quickly as possible" I kissed him on the forehead again and got up just to check something in my bag at the end of the camp bed.

"Please...... stay....." I heard, I looked up from the end of the camp bed and at Optimus' tired eyes having a hint of worry in them.

"It's alright, I'm not going anywhere" I reassured. Optimus lay his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes. I finished checking my bag and called ratchet. I had the whole teams phone number. No, the bots don't have phones, but remember they have comm links? They use them while me and the kids use are phones. Anyway I called ratchet "hey ratchet, can you bring Molly over here?"

"I'm on my way with her" was his reply.

"Thanks" I said and ended the call. I didn't ask for Winston because he was here already. Molly only didn't come here because she prefers sleeping on sofas than dog beds, she's so spoilt :3 By the way that's what I was checking in my bag earlier, for her dog bed.

Molly had been a good girl today, through all the chaos she stayed quiet on the sofa. She did wimpier a few times but the kids looked after her.

Ratchet came with Molly in his hands, he put his hand on the platform so Molly can jump off. "Has he been alright?" asked ratchet even though it's been like less than 5 minutes.