23. "Endearment"

Star's POV

After seeing Marco with kelly I realized that the antidote I created was useless.... I was suffering from a lot of heartbreaks recently... but I know that I'll move on quickly... I guess....

I slayed monsters for fun but it doesn't really help me in moving on... every time I looked at a monster... I remember those fun memories with Marco...

sometimes I raid abandoned houses... but while doing that... I found a poem written by the owner of the house....

It seems like the title is called.... "endearment", It caught my interest just by reading the title... but I don't really have time reading.... or maybe... not.....

'The sweet smell of the summer breeze
takes me back to someone's tease
his eyes, his skin, his hair gives me chills
I wonder if he feels what I feel....

The day I confessed my love for you...
I swear that everything I said was true,

But I think that you don't feel the same way as I do...
It's fine, I never thought of having a chance with you...'

Reading the second stanza made me tear up a bit... My heart was aching....and pounding for some reason.... I continued reading...

'Crying myself to sleep is the worst of all,
How could I stop myself to fall?
Even though I know my chances are small...

End my misery! I hate it all!

Moving on is the hardest stage,
It's like being trapped inside a cage
I know the key is acceptance and courage,
but my heart is filled with anger's rage...

It's time to find someone new,
but guys with good attitudes are only few...

love awaits with some bountiful brew
and would give happiness in times of blue.'

Reading this made my heart melt... not even realizing I'm already crying.... I know I'm strong but why? how can I cry over this bloody poem?

  it was that time when I reflected... limiting your emotions can help reduce the pain felt in the heart...  my cheeks seems to be glowing... 

I touched them then I was really close in collapsing... my head started getting weird... then I became unconscious....