FIVE. JAMMING AND STRAWBERRY LIPBALM

A.N. Lily is the definition of heart eyes motherfucker

Also I've been watching videos of Deaky when Queen perform on stage and he does little dances and it's so cute.

----------------------/\----------------------  

Monday couldn't come fast enough for Cleo as this was the day she was to begin recording her cover in the studio with the help of Brian May to guide her. She was lucky it was today too, as today was her day off from the pub. She would have been given the day off anyway but it saved her asking.

Cleo had been in the studio since late morning and whenever they were going over her recordings, she constantly asked Brian if she was doing okay. The song was important to her and it was one of Freddie's best works, so she had to get it right. Brian reassured her she was doing brilliantly every time but she still asked, not wanting to mess up a beautiful song like Love Of My Life. She worried her voice was off or her guitar didn't sound as good as it did in the pub, but Brian's compliments set her straight and soon she had grown a confidence in herself and her version of the song. Cleo was a woman on a mission and she was getting a shift on.

Recording this song with Brian was one of Cleo's greatest pleasures and something she would never forget or be able to say thank you enough for. She was living her childhood dream thanks to Brian, and she was oh so grateful.

It had gotten to 2pm and Brian had told Cleo that she had done more than enough work today and they would continue tomorrow. Although she wanted to work more and get as much done, she thanked Brian and made off to make use of the food hall and grab some lunch for herself. Brian had given her a special pass so she could get in and around the sets with no trouble. This made Cleo feel quite important but didn't it let it go to her head.

She walked down the corridor of the studio with a picture of a slice of a meat feast pizza in her mind, making her mouth water just from the thought. But a bass guitar being played caught her attention instead. She listened to where the bass was coming from and found the room not far from hers. She decided to peak through the window in the door to the room it was coming from and smiled lightly seeing it was Joe. He'd obviously been sat practising playing bass for a while and she didn't even notice he was here until now.

A part of Cleo wanted to move on and get her lunch, leaving it to chance that she saw Joe later. But something in her made her knock on the door, grabbing Joe's attention. He looked to the door and noticed Cleo through the window and waved at her, allowing her to come inside.

"Hey!" Joe greeted with a smile. He didn't expect to talk to Cleo today but he wasn't opposed to it. He knew she was here, he just didn't think they'd have time to speak.

"Hey. Sorry for interrupting. I heard someone practising so I wanted to check it out. Already getting into the mind of Deaky I see."

"Uh yeah. We want to look like we're actually playing the instruments so we've began learning. You should see Ben, he's totally into being a rock drummer."

Cleo giggled again, totally being able to see Ben absolutely rocking out on the drums. Joe was starting to love that giggle and he wanted to hear it more and more.

"I'm gunna take a wild guess and say you were here for dance lessons?" Cleo shook her head, hearing the sarcasm in Joe's voice. "Oh no, you're here for Ben weren't you? I told you-"

"Joe!" Cleo interrupted, a smile on her face. "I was here recording, you idiot."

"I know. I was only messing with you. I couldn't help but hear you as I walked past your room. You have some serious pipes, girl." Joe complimented. Cleo curtsied playfully, making Joe chuckle. "Have you finished or are you on break?" Joe asked, very interested in if she was free for the rest of the day. If she was free, that meant he had time to ask her out on a date.