TWENTY. LIFE CHANGING MOMENTS

--------------------------/\----------------------

Cleo and Joe stayed in New York for another two days before they flew back, wanting time to themselves and also to take the chance to have dinner with Joe's mum. And when they did get back to London, they were surprised to find out that England had remembered what it was famous for and brought back the cloudy, cold weather everyone was used to. With the cold weather coming back, so did Cleo's natural hair shape, which she was so relieved about. It felt like her hair had been constantly frizzy for 2 months and god did it start to get on her nerves.

The couple had only been back a week when the press tour was due to start for the movie. Unfortunately, Cleo had decided to not come with Joe to the press, instead taking the opportunity to work before flying over for the Las Vegas show. She did feel a little bad as he had planned for her to come for months and even managed to get a week off for her, but she also felt like she wanted to earn a bit more money where she could. Renting an apartment in London isn't cheap.

On the morning of the day Joe was to leave for press, Cleo stood in the kitchen of the pub flat waiting for the water in the kettle to boil to make a quite cup of tea for her break. As she waited, she was jotting down random ideas in a notepad she was holding. She was beginning to write a song, which was something she hadn't done in over 2 years. Only since she had gotten back from America last week had she picked up her writing again, as inspiration had been lacking for quite some time. But it was different now. There was so much she could write about, it was just a matter of putting into a song.

"Of course she was sad, but she dodged a bullet." Cleo mumbled sang, then shook her head and crossed out the words she had just sung. "Ew, no." She told herself, leaning on the kitchen counter and tapping the pen against the notepad to try and get more ideas out of her head. She was writing another few words down when the door to the flat opened, making her look and a smile come onto her face from who had arrived.

"Hey." Joe greeted as he walked in.

"Hey." She greeted back, standing straight and leaving her notepad and pen on the counter.

"Your dad let me up." He told her, and when he got to her, he leaned over and pecked her lips.

"Would be weird if he didn't. As you can see I'm making tea, would you like one?" She nodded to the kettle when it clicked to let her know it was done. He looked to the clock on the wall and blew air through his lips.

"Yeah, I've got time." He gave her a reassuring smile, allowing her to get a mug from the mug rack to put a tea bag in it. She took the kettle and poured the water into each of their mugs, swirling around the tea bags with a spoon to help get the flavour out.

"So I'm guessing you're here to say goodbye before you leave. " She spoke, taking the tea bags out of the mugs to put in the bin nearby.

"You guess right." He told her as he took both the mugs and handed hers to her. Cleo's shoulders sagged and her happiness deflated knowing this would be the last time she saw him for a couple more weeks. "Worst of all, I have to leave in like half an hour."

"Half an hour? I thought we had until four." She looked up the clock, and she felt even worse seeing it was quarter to four. She had been working so much she hadn't noticed the actual time when she came up for her break. "Well, shit. The one day I don't wear my watch."