NINETEEN. TO THE HORIZON AND BACK

----------------------/\----------------------

A few weeks later and re-shoots were finished, which allowed Joe, Ben and Gwil to go on their little trip to Scotland that they had planned. Although Cleo missed him and worried about him whilst he was gone, she was glad to know that Joe was able to relax and was having a good time with the friends he made from the movie that he was so passionate about. The same movie that had given him friends forever, memories he would treasure, and of course a relationship that changed his life for the better. He would hold the movie, whether it was good or bad, close to his heart for the rest of his life.

2 days after the boys got back from their trip, Joe and Cleo flew to New York for Will's wedding. And in this very moment, they were preparing to go to a Yankees baseball game where Cleo would finally be meeting Joe's friends Alissa and Sebastian. Joe was both excited for Cleo to meet Seb because of her being a fan of him, and hesitant to see how she was with him. The reason he felt like this was because his ex, the one that cheated, had tried it on multiple times with Seb before she cheated with the guy she did. Obviously the man declined but she still persisted whenever and wherever she got the chance. Even when Joe was in the next room.

He didn't want it to, but it fuelled the voices in the back of his head that worried that as soon as Cleo met Seb, she'd move onto him and he'd lose her to his more famous and better looking friend. That was a fear that was hid deep down inside of him, a fear that he knew he shouldn't be having. He felt awful that he was putting Cleo in the same boat as his ex, and yet the fear was still there. Now he was feeling a slight bit of what she had done thanks to what her own ex had done to her.

"Cleo! We better go or we'll be late." Joe warned as he laced up his trainer as he sat on the bed in his bedroom.

"Coming! Sorry." Cleo rushed out of the en-suite bathroom, pulling at the side braid that was her hair to loosen it a little. "How long do baseball games last by the way?" She asked, putting her phone and purse in her small backpack.

"It really depends." He told her, getting up to get a jacket from his closet. "Longest one I've been to was 5 hours. That okay?"

"5 hours?" Her eyes widened in surprise." Oh my god, that's like quadruple a football game. Does that happen a lot?"

"More than you think. But it still could be 2 hours if we're lucky."

"Well, I'm not the luckiest girl in the world so it'll probably be the 5 hour one."

"Uh, yeah you are. You date me." He said, pointing to himself. She smiled at him, not only because it was true, but because he seemed more himself now.

There were days during re-shoots where Joe would call her, or come over just to rant and cry over the loss he had gone through. He would insist he was fine and that she didn't need to worry whenever she asked, but when you love someone, you worry about them no matter. She just didn't want him to suffer alone.

"Yeah, okay." She nodded, not being able to deny the fact. "I got mega lucky with you." She said, putting her backpack on her back. "You ready?"

"Yep. Oh no, wait." He went over to his closet and took out his infamous Yankee cap, putting it on his head and adjusting it so it fitted right. An involuntary smile came onto Cleo's face when he put it on as fond memories came back to her from the beginning of their relationship, when he wore that damn cap all the time.  "Let's go, Yankees!" He whooped, raising his arms in the air. Cleo shook her head with a smile and headed out with him not far behind her.

During the car journey to the stadium, Cleo seemed fine about where they were going and who she was about to meet, this time around belting out a Queen tune alongside Joe. But it was when they parked up outside the stadium that her nerves started to take over, bad scenarios running through her mind as her leg began to bounce. She was about to meet friends that were so important to Joe, and if they didn't like her, maybe they would whisper things into his ear and change his mind about her.