TEN. WELL SHIT

A.N. Imagine Joe looking at Cleo like this^^^ to see her reactions to what she's watching. And also cause he wants to kiss the fuck outta her.

Did I mention I love Undrafted? Well I love Undrafted, and also Pat Murray should be protected at all costs. (small spoilers i guess?)

----------------------/\----------------------

It was the morning after the night before and for the first time in a while, Cleo had woken up to an empty flat. After the party of much drinking, San had stayed the night at Archer's which was something that was as regular as the parties. Cleo didn't know the reasons why San just didn't move in with Archer in the first place. They always did talk about sharing an apartment, the topic starting as a joke which turned serious after they left college. They would commit but San, even thought he wouldn't admit it, doesn't want to leave home just yet.

Charlie had stayed over at Ben's with Ben after they left the party as she 'wanted alone time with him the next morning.' Cleo knew what she meant and said no more. All she had to do was lie to her parents about Charlie being in the flat when she actually wasn't. Luckily for Charlie and Cleo, the parents understood and respected their kids and their privacy, so walking in on sleeping kids was a no go. Unless they were late for work, then the pans came out.

At this moment though, Cleo was enjoying her breakfast; a piece of warmed up Pain Au Chocolat as she sat on the sofa watching an episode of Jeremy Kyle. She loved warming her Pain Au Chocolat for breakfast as it melted the chocolate inside the pastry. The taste was heaven to Cleo. Avery was laid on the cushioned armchair to the left of Cleo, munching on a chew stick Cleo had given him in order to strengthen his teeth.

Whilst she watched her show, whilst also waiting for Charlie to come back, Cleo's mind wandered back to Joe and the fact the L word was mentioned in her head for the first time. Cleo had been in love before, well she thought it was love. Joe was proving to her it was nowhere near love that she felt for and from Glenn, as Joe was showing her real, true love. Every time her and Joe had to go their separate ways, whether it be on text, calls or in person, her heart hurt and she wanted nothing more than for Joe to come back to her and talk to her or hug her forever. His hugs made her feel safe and his personality made every minute with him the most fun and relaxed minutes of Cleo's life. She had never been this comfortable in anyone's company that was other than her close friends and family.

But the L word also scared Cleo as it meant she was growing attached to Joe, and if she was becoming attached to Joe, that meant it was going to hurt a lot more if it was to end for any reason. Even though a part of her thought her heart couldn't take anymore heartbreak, another part, the part being Cleo's stronger self, was adamant Cleo wanted and needed Joe. It was a mind fight for Cleo and she seemed to be stuck in the middle.

Her thoughts were put to the back of her mind as she heard the door to the flat open and close with a thud. She looked over her shoulder and saw her ghost busting partner Charlie, tiptoeing in so to not make a sound with her boots. She noticed her hair was up in a messy bun and her make-up was completely removed, showing the freckles Charlie had on her cheeks.

"Good night?" Cleo asked before Charlie could make her escape. Charlie slightly jumped and placed her hand over her heart as she wasn't expecting Cleo to be right there when she walked in. She half expected her to have spent the night with Joe.

"Jesus, Cleo. You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Yeah whatever. Answer my question please." Charlie sighed at her sisters urgency to know what happened and hesitantly nodded, not wanting to let Cleo in on her morning with words, she'd spill a little too much getting into it. "Nice. Did you happen to pass mum and dad on your way up?"