SIX. INSECURITIES AT LIVE AID

A.N. Side profile 👌

Trying to put texts convos in chapters on this website is frustrating as hell. This chapter is long because of text chats and group chat stuff. Thought it'd add some spice to the mix.

----------------------/\----------------------

It had been 5 days since Cleo and Joe shared their first kiss as well as Joe asking her out on a date. They texted, of course they did, but Joe still didn't know when their date was going to happen. He was certain it would happen but because they had officially started filming Bohemian Rhapsody, his days were filled with shooting and rehearsing. He reassured Cleo that the first day he got off would be the day. But that hadn't come yet.

Cleo finished recording her version of Love Of My Life the day after her and Joe kissed. She was completely satisfied with how it came out and was even more satisfied when Brian said he thought the song was beautiful. Cleo now had an agonising wait to see what people thought about it with the wait being over a year until the movie came out. She wished it wasn't as long but was partly glad to get it done so early. She could now focus on her work and her developing friendships along with the almost relationship with Joe.

So with her song now done, Cleo was now back at the pub serving the thirsty people of London, just like she used to.

Jack did offer his daughter a couple of weeks off from performing in the pub but Cleo was having none of it. Because of filming beginning on Bohemian Rhapsody, she didn't know when she was going to get that date with Joe so wanted to fill her days with work and singing, to fill up the time between now and the date with Joe. Some people would ask why was she bothering to wait, but Cleo was adamant Joe was going to make time for her. Even if it was for an hour at a time, she would happily spend that hour with him. When the guy you like is a movie star, you make time whenever you can.

"Cheers mate." Sankar handed a customer his change. His attention then went to Cleo as she seemed to be constantly looking at her phone, waiting for a call or text from somebody. He had no idea about what had happened between Cleo and Joe, so knew nothing about the promised date. In fact, no one else knew about it as they wanted to keep it under wraps from all the annoying friends around them. As much as they loved them, Joe and Cleo wanted their own time together before being bombarded by their friends.

Cleo did feel bad however, about keeping it from Lucy as she was the one who technically got them together. If it's what Cleo had to do to get to know the real Joe without interruptions, that's what she was going to do. She'd let Lucy fangirl over them later.

"Cleo, tut tut. Mum said no phones behind the bar." Sankar stood next to Cleo with his arms crossed giving a disappointed head shake towards Cleo.

"I know. I'm just being weird." Cleo sighed, making her way into the back room to put her phone in a small basket along with everybody else's. The small basket was courtesy of Esha as she knew her kids would get distracted by their phones, so bought a basket to put them in whilst they worked. As much as the siblings didn't like it, they were kinda thankful as it made them work harder.

Once that was done, Cleo made her way back to the bar and starting serving a man and his wife. Knowing Cleo's luck, Joe would be trying to call or text her whilst her phone was away from her, meaning she might miss the opportunity to talk to him.

"Everything alright?" Jack appeared behind the bar, patting his son on his back before nudging his daughter slightly, letting them know he was around.

"As alright as alright can be, dad." Cleo answered as she started to pour a pint for the husband.