Part 4

'Close your mouth sunshine, we don't want flies in there now do we?', he grinned. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you Grayson Hannigan sitting on my couch. What in the world???

I was in loss of words, I swear I had no idea what was I supposed to say or do. But I did know that I had to close my mouth. I shut my mouth closed and tried to look somewhere else. I looked around but I still felt his gaze on me. Tear it off already Grayson!

I cleared my throat and then birdy spoke up.

'I should stop talking' she said and her voice lowering as she said every word. I internally thanked God for making her shut up. She ran away and I looked at her running figure as if she had grown two heads.

'Wait, you guys have met each other?', Evan asked. My head snapped towards him and I gave out a blank face. Um, yes?

Wait a sec- How is Evan related to Grayson? Why is he even at my house at this hour? Why is he talking to my parents and their friends?

'Yes we have, in school', Grayson smirked. I gave out a small smile and get out of there. I rushed towards my room and shut the door close. I walked forward to see birdy smiling and I was just red from embarrassment.

Next morning, Raven made me wear something more 'decent'. Why? She thought that I have to grow up and not wear something a grandma would wear. Honestly, it was a plain sweater that's all. She picked up a camisole, black skinny jeans, and a leather jacket. To be honest, I looked hot. But, that didn't mean I would always wear something of this sort. Raven left an hour ago. She had to run a few errands at home so basically, she wouldn't be coming to school today. I really miss her at school actually.

I walked towards Veronica. Instead of activating her, I simply drove because I knew the route. I parked my car neatly but I heard a honking from behind, I looked around to only see Ronda Brooks. I took the key off the ignition and got out of the car.

'Hey ner-' she immediately stopped and took a look at my attire. I internally smirked at her face. Something flashed across her eyes but she covered it soon with a blank face.

'Get your filthy car out of my parking lot', she barked.

'Not today Ronda, not any more'

'Did you forget or something? Or you have short-term memory loss? I own this school', she jeered.

'I don't think it's short-term memory, it's realization. Your time's over', I said and grabbed my backpack without saying anything else.

As I walked through the corridor, I heard a couple of people talking about my appearance.

What's gotten into the nerd?

The whole week seemed to go pretty well, no, I didn't go to the party. Because of my bodyguard, Zander. Well, he even came to my house to make sure I was actually not going. He sneaked in through the window if that's what you are thinking. In school, I gained a lot of attention which clearly wasn't my intention, ONLY because of the clothes, don't worry, I mentally killed Raven for this.

In the past few weeks, I had gotten way more close to Zander and further apart from Raven. I don't know what is Raven up to, but I do know that Zander will now never leave my side. He is like the guy best friend I never had. Grayson, however, was acting a little bit distant. I mean he did come regularly but I didn't expect him to seriously 'study'. He is the bad boy after all. After a while, I lost hopes and I took this seriously too. Marina often visited mom as they planned to 'reunite'. At that time, life was life. Nothing interesting, no drama. Literally nothing.

I mean, I never was this bad but when I realized that, good people have no adventures. Adventures. This is what I want in my life, I don't want a plain normal life.

Graduation, search for a job, get married, have a kid and finally wait until you die.

I didn't want this.

Suddenly, I got cut off by a loud knock on the window. I was not even surprised, I knew it was Zander. I sighed and got out of bed, heading towards the window. I opened it and it revealed Zander. When he came into the light, I saw what was actually going on. I visibly gasped at that sight. His face had millions of cuts, the corner of his lip was bleeding, heavily, he looked dead tired. Never had I ever seen Zander like this... did he get into a fight?

--

How far are you liking it? 

Please comment and vote! Love you!