Part 12

'Y-yes' hurt flashed across his eyes and I felt like dying. Seeing Grayson like this wasn't my intention. I-

'Why?', he said and his voice felt as if he was going to cry. Please don't cry.

'Grayson, I should be the one asking you that. After all that you've done to me, I should ask you that.'

'You wouldn't understand. Please trust me, it was not my intention to hurt you' he apologized and caressed my cheek with his thumb. His little moment gave me goosebumps and a weird sensation.

Don't let him get to you.

'You are anyways', I whispered and moved my head away from his hand. He slowly put his hand down and looked away blinking a couple of times.

'I am so sorry'

'I don't want your sorry Grayson. I want to know why would you do that. I want to know why would you confess your feelings to me and then do something nasty with another person?', I blasted almost on the verge of losing it. He has hurt me enough, I can't take it anymore.

'Monica, do you trust me?' he asked, not answering my question.

'That is not the answer I want', I retorted.

'Before I can give you an answer, I need to know if you trust me or not'

'I do trust you' I said with a heart rapidly beating and a couple of questions arise. What is he going to tell me? Is it good news or bad news? Wait! There is no way it can be good! Ughh what did I get myself into?!

'She came onto me, I didn't even make a move. I wasn't even interested in her. You know I like you and believe it or not, I have never done anything 'nasty'. I respect girls and when it comes to liking a girl, she will be the only one. I like you and you are my only one. Even if you belong to another guy, I will still like you. No matter how many times you have hurt me. Also, I am forced to be with her. I don't like her at all', he said with a sad look. A few tears fell from his eyes and I felt extremely guilty. I am not in a relationship, it's a fake relationship. It doesn't even matter!

I couldn't help but ask, 'What do you mean by forced?'

'My dad and her dad are working partners and because they want their business to move on, they decided that Mary and I should get married', he sighed. Married?

'So as soon as I graduate I am getting married to her. I have no other option. I could leave but, they'll be upset and I'll lose my mom. I love her too much to leave her. Dad will be over thinking about everything. He'll call the police, he'll probably blame you because he knows I like you and that I can do anything for you'. As he said the last part, he looked at me into my eyes and said it. I understood that he was being honest. It gave me butterflies when I heard that he'll do anything for me.

'How do you like someone so much that you are willing to do anything for them?'

'That's what love does to you', his lips curved into a smile and I observed it carefully. He licked his lips and I don't know if I was dreaming or Grayson actually leaned. Before I knew it, Grayson's lips brushed against mine and when he crossed the line, the whole world seemed to stop. I didn't know what to do. I had never experienced this feeling in my entire life.

I could imagine what Skylar would have told me if I told her that Grayson kissed me. She'll probably get all tensed up and mad if I tell her. I felt the warmth and internally frowned but then we both were out of breath.

'And that's how I know you like me back',he mumbled against my lips with his minty breath fanning all over my lips.

'Grayson... I am sorry', I said, after a moment of silence.