Part 27

'Guys, let's go over there!' Bella exclaims. She points toward the Ferris wheel and I heard a slight scoff from someone behind. I chose to ignore it, considering it was probably Raven. In the past two hours, we went to a cafe to have breakfast. We ended up eating in Waffle House.

P.S - They had pretty good chocolate syrup waffles.

We spent some time wandering around the place and we decided to go to an amusement park. We went to a lot of rides and stuff, Zander only went a few times but he was afraid of rollercoaster rides. I, on the hand, went to all of the rides, and the last one was the Ferris wheel.

'Guys, please! It's been a long time since I have been on one!' Bella whines.

'I know right!!' I join her too.

'So indirectly you are telling us you wanna get all romantic when ones of us get 'accidentally' stuck on the top?' Zander says and puts a faint smirk on his face. I wanted to reply, but Bella does that for me.

'Well, it would be romantic if your breath didn't smell like puke' Bella scoffs. Oh yeah, Zander puked on his 3rd ride so he didn't join us after that.

'I ate like ten mints!' Zander exclaims. His breath actually didn't smell like puke, but I knew that Bella was just messing with him.

'I had only 4 left in the box' Grayson pops in. Zander puts his hand up in surrender and we all laugh.

'Guys, let's go before it's too late' I whine. Soon we got into the line and we were on the ride. As expected, Grayson and I were together, Bella and Zander were and together and lastly, Ash and Raven were together.

I was currently resting my head on Grayson's shoulder and his one arm was around me. I felt happy. There was comfortable silence until I decided to break it.

'Grayson?'

'Hmm?'

'Can I ask you something?'

'Go ahead sunshine' I look up to him and he looks back at me with confusion in his eyes.

'Why do you call me sunshine?' I ask. He has called me sunshine since the day we met. He never gave me an explanation about that, so today I decided to ask him.

'Would do you mean?' he asks.

'What I mean is, why sunshine? You could call me something else. Or even Mon. Why sunshine?' I repeat and explain.

'Well...' he hesitates but then he sighs visibly and continues, 'Firstly, when we were in 3rd grade or something, we were in a skit. I was working backstage and you played the sun. So when I put the flashlight on you, you were literally shining so bright and your face was glowing. The first thing which came into my mind was sunshine. Secondly, everyone calls you Mon, or Monica. I wanted to call you something different. So I thought of calling you sunshine when I finally met you' he ends. I was speechless, I had no idea what to say. Even if I did, I was sure that my voice wouldn't be audible.

'Say something...' he trails off.

'Wow' that's all I could get from my mouth, I had no idea what to say next, so I simply rest my head against his shoulder. He wraps his arm around and luckily he didn't say anything.

Soon the ride was over and we got out. Grayson offered me his hand and I took it. Soon our group was together and we walked until I spotted something.