Part 5

'Zander! What's wrong with you?!' I inquired, examining his face when he laid flat on the bed.

'Nothing! I'm here for some tea party!!' he exclaimed in an extremely high pitch. I sighed heavily and got up.

'No time for jokes, stay here. I'll go get the medical kit'

Soon I got the medical kit and my room was filled with Zander's ow's and ah's. I finished cleaning up the wounds after a few minutes. I cleared up stuff so that the bed was back to normal. I sat beside him and looked at his face and I felt tears pooling up in my eyes. He is so damn hurt, how can he manage this much pain? I remembered I had cried the last time I had gotten a cut on my knee. I remembered how mom had scolded me so much for crying over a little cut.

I couldn't hit him or even scold him, he already seemed hurt. I couldn't help but let out a few tears. I tried not to sniff but then it came out, grabbing his attention towards me.

'Are you crying?'. No idiot, I am partying. Without any further thoughts, I immediately hugged him. He became a little stiff under my touch but it took a few minutes for him and then he hugged me back. I tried my best not to touch his wounds whilst hugging him. He put his arms around me and I could feel his chin on my head. A slight smile came to my face but then I immediately remembered he was in a fight.

I pulled back but his arms held onto me even tighter and I was back at his chest. I heard him mumble .'Stay'. So I did.

'What were you thinking?' I asked trying my best not to tear up again.

'About you' he said and I felt him smile. Me?

'What do you mean?' I asked, not understanding anything.

'A week ago, my dad came into my life again and he wanted me to move to Texas, as it would be easier for him to 'take care' of me'

'As if you even need it', I whispered so low that even I couldn't hear it properly.

'So yeah, I thought that there was no way I could live there without you so I declined. Then, as usual, things got a little violent and we ended up breaking each other's bones' he added a little sigh at the end and I pulled away, this time he did not hold me.

'Y-you didn't go to Texas... for me?', I ask slowly and carefully, making sure I heard it right.

'Yup, plus my everything's here. I can't just pretend it never existed and move out to Texas' he explained, 'But don't worry you were the first thing which I thought of', he smiled.

'You idiot!''What were you thinking? Are you nuts? Why would skip the offer because of me?'

'Instead of saying thank you, you are screaming at me. It hurts to know that you don't want me here' he sounded upset and his little smile disappeared from his face as he shifted his head to the other side.

'Come on, I didn't mean to say that. I am sorry' I said, feeling a little guilty about my sudden outburst towards him. I hugged him again. After a few seconds, he hugged me back. I felt his chest moving and I assumed he was laughing. I slapped his arms playfully.

'I knew it cupcake, I just wanted to hear it from your mouth' he chuckled, stroking my hair.

'Why did you still do this? I didn't even know you actually care about me' he exclaimed after a while of comfortable silence. I sigh and gave him his answer

'I love you'

'I love you too cupcake' he said a little shocked, but then I knew that he truly meant it. I closed my eyes but I heard a loud thud and my head immediately turned toward the window. My eyes widened at the person as the person was fuming with anger.

'Grayson, it's not what it looks like' Zander reassured calmly. On the other hand, Grayson was shooting daggers at Zander. Without saying a word or so, he turned on his heels at left. At some point, I wanted to go behind him, to ask him why is he here, and at the other point, I couldn't leave Zander.

'I think you should go', he trailed off. I was a bit shocked at his words but then when I looked at him he seemed extremely concerned. 'He needs some- no he needs you to know, you should really go. I'll be fine' I don't know what I was thinking, but I nodded. Without any further discussion, I head straight down and open the door. Once I did that, the cold air hit my body and I shrugged my shoulders to let some warmth pass through.

I headed towards the school. What? He might be over there... I don't know where am I supposed to go.

I sneaked in and I saw no one on the ground floor which meant there was obviously no one on the first floor. Soon, I heard a loud bang from somewhere. It sounded like... a gun.

Move it Mon, it's none of your business.

But I had to check-

No, you don't, you don't even know the 'g' of the gun. What will you do there?

What if Grayson is there?

He won't be. Now move it before they come to know

My subconscious mind scolded me and I listened to it. I hurried out of there as quick as possible. Luckily no one noticed. My hands were shivering from the cold and from the gunshot I just heard.

What if someone died? Is someone hurt? Who would be in this school at this hour?

I snapped out of it as the cold breeze hits my face, again. I looked to see woods around and no houses. This was definitely not the place where I came from. I walked around to see nothing but everything absolutely dark. I walked straight not wanting to be here the whole night. I felt something weird when I saw a broken house on my left. It felt as if I had been here a couple of times. I can't quite recollect but I did know that I had some relationship with the house.

Damn it Mon! Can't you remember one thing?! You had one job!

Without knowing what I was doing, my feet lead me inside and all the memories came rushing back when I saw a photo lying exactly in front of my feet. I picked it up and dusted it off. I saw four adults with three kids.

Mom, Dad, Marina, and Evans

Me, Gigi, and Sunny

Was this actually us? Wow, we were so different back then. My hair had changed, it has become rather straight than curly. So far I only noticed that but then I heard a couple of bangs altogether. I waited for a subconscious mind to give a snarky comment but then it didn't. I walked outside to see a small hood which had a metal as the outer covering and a big dots which looked like bullet holes. It wasn't just bullet holes here and there but it was in a clean straight line. I zoomed it out and walked away to see it and it spelled 'MJ'.

----

Word Count - 1212

I hope you are loving this story! Please don't be a silent reader, don't forget to vote for the story! Thank you Xx