Part 17

Zander also texted me a few minutes ago that he didn't like Raven, so here I was at Starbucks, waiting for Zander. The school gave us a holiday so that we had the time to pack our bags as we are supposed to leave the campus early in the morning. Soon Zander came in and his eyes searched for me. His eyes met mine and he walked over. He had his casual look. Black jeans, dark blue shirt and a leather jacket paired along with boots. To be honest, he never failed to look good.

'Hey bruhda' I smile.

'Hey sista' He politely returns the smile.

'So about that Raven-' I cut him off.

'She is still my best friend so you better not criticize her' I warn him and he looked kinda scared.

'Birdy, Raven birdy. I was about to say Raven birdy' he said all too quickly.

'Continue, it's okay' I assure him and he visibly calms down. I surely didn't know I could scare the bad boy this bad.

'So yeah, remember when we were in the library and Raven called you and you were like 'we are in the library' and then you guys hugged?'

'Pretty detailed but yeah I remember, why?'

'Well, when you guys hugged. She rolled her eyes but suddenly changed into a smile after you guys pulled away' I furrow my eyebrows at him and disagree as I shake my head.

'Not possible, she would never do that' I say trying to defend her, but I had no close connections with her lately, so I couldn't even tell Zander anything.

'But then she did. I guess she didn't notice that I could see her. Plus, when we were searching for the paper, she started talking to me out of the blue. She was all like, 'you and Monica, huh?' then I was like, 'no, Grayson and Monica'. She seemed down when I told her that. I could see it in her eyes'

'Well, it might be something else. I mean...'

'Eyes never lie cupcake' he states.

'Wh-what if she was uncomfortable or something? You never know' I say, not believing whatever Zander was saying. Raven can't do what I think she is doing.

'It's easy to understand if the person is uncomfortable or jealous' No. No. No.

'Zander, leave it' I say wanting to stop this conversation with Zander. 'There is nothing wrong with my best friend'

'I didn't there was something wrong in her, I am saying there is something wrong with her intentions'

'Zander she can't, not after she probably knows' I say with worry filled in my voice.

'She can, even if she knows' he said in a mischievous tone and shows me something which I couldn't believe at all.

Her flirty chats with Grayson which, by the way, includes her disgusting snaps with him.

'That means...'